Problem with Supergo HRM 2000 Wireless computer

CatcherInTheRye

Guest
I bought the Supergo Wireless computer/HRM this weekend from their
store in Mountain View, CA. Here is a link to the product:
http://www.supergo.com/profile.cfm?LPROD_ID=22854&lsubcat_id=1512&lcat_id=7604&referpage=

Its a pretty good deal for $50 (on sale) as it combines cyclocomputer
functions with a HRM (current and avg HR only). I just started biking
and don't need an expensive HRM. The HRM 2000 is very different from
their HR1000 computer which has been discontinued now. Instead of
showing the actual current heart rate, HRM2000 shows the current HR as
the percentage of Maximum HR. I went through the manual and there is
no way to enter your age (so that MHR = 220 - age) or MHR value
directly. I called the store and tried to explain but the salesman
didn't get my point. So, I have no clue that when the computer shows
78 (of MHR) what is my actual heart rate!! 78 of what value?? The
manual does not explain that and google search didn't reveal any
useful information. Guess, I am missing something :-(
If anyone has used this device before, please enlighten me. Will
appreciate any comments or review of this product.

regards,
Raj

Catcherintherye wrote:
> I bought the Supergo Wireless computer/HRM this weekend from their store
> in Mountain View, CA. Here is a link to the product: http://www.supergo-
> .com/profile.cfm?LPROD_ID=22854&lsubcat_id=1512&lcat_id=7604&referpage=-
> http://www.supergo.com/profile.cfm?LPROD_ID=22854&lsubcat_id=1512&lcat_-
> id=7604&referpage=
> Its a pretty good deal for $50 (on sale) as it combines cyclocomputer
> functions with a HRM (current and avg HR only). I just started biking
> and don't need an expensive HRM. The HRM 2000 is very different from
> their HR1000 computer which has been discontinued now. Instead of
> showing the actual current heart rate, HRM2000 shows the current HR as
> the percentage of Maximum HR. I went through the manual and there is no
> way to enter your age (so that MHR = 220 - age) or MHR value directly. I
> called the store and tried to explain but the salesman didn't get my
> point. So, I have no clue that when the computer shows 78 (of MHR) what
> is my actual heart rate!! 78 of what value?? The manual does not explain
> that and google search didn't reveal any useful information. Guess, I am
> missing something :-( If anyone has used this device before, please
> enlighten me. Will appreciate any comments or review of this product.
> regards, Raj

=======================

Hey Raj...

I purchased this item...

http://tinyurl.com/3dtrh

It looks (and probably is) like the exact same item, just a different
vendor badge...

I never quite understood the way they measure the HRM, but...

I'm fairly frustrated with my unit.... some days, the HRM function is
rock steady, and seems to work quite well... the next day, it's read-out
is all over the place. I've changed the batteries a couple of times (Wal-
Mart is has the best price on fresh energizer batteries), but no
difference...

Otherwise, the rest of it seem to be right on... I measured and compared
it against other bike odometers, and it's right on..

Overall.. it's good, but the HRM function is not as perfect or described
well enough to make me want to buy an other if I needed to.

Alain

--

Novellus wrote:

> I'm fairly frustrated with my unit....

Now see, on Alt.Mountain-bike I'd be expected to comment, but on here I'm
just gonna let it go.

Bill "not touching your unit with a 10-ft. keyboard" S.

" S o r n i" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Novellus wrote:
> >
> > I'm fairly frustrated with my unit....

> Now see, on Alt.Mountain-bike I'd be expected to comment, but on here I'm
> just gonna let it go.
>
> Bill "not touching your unit with a 10-ft. keyboard" S.

Try K-Y Jelly under the hart beat detection pads. I've had one Polar
or another since '84. The pads seem to loose their ability to detect
hart beats as they age. Also @ hi altitude w/ lo humidity & hi speed
decents, my pads wouuld sometimes dry out of h2o, but if I had applied
good ol KY first, that wouldn't happen.
Seriously, works well & mucho cheaper than the stuff sold for the
purpose.

John McGraw wrote:
> " S o r n i" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>> Novellus wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm fairly frustrated with my unit....

>> Now see, on Alt.Mountain-bike I'd be expected to comment, but on
>> here I'm just gonna let it go.
>>
>> Bill "not touching your unit with a 10-ft. keyboard" S.

> Try K-Y Jelly under the hart beat detection pads. I've had one Polar
> or another since '84. The pads seem to loose their ability to detect
> hart beats as they age. Also @ hi altitude w/ lo humidity & hi speed
> decents, my pads wouuld sometimes dry out of h2o, but if I had applied
> good ol KY first, that wouldn't happen.
> Seriously, works well & mucho cheaper than the stuff sold for the
> purpose.

OK, I'll bite: why was this posted as a reply to what *I* wrote?!?

Bill "aside from the K-Y, of course" S.

Alain,

Thanks for your reply. Companies like Supergo or Performance get their
products manufactured by some company (in China or Hong Kong) and just
rebadge them to sell them in their stores.
The Supergo HRM2000 combo is now at $30 in the store! I checked the
HRM funtion (by wearing the chest belt while cycling on a stationary
bike equipped with HRM funtion) and it shows the actual HR instead of
percentage of Max HR as specified in the manual (not to mention that
the its written in poor english). Is this how your computer works too?

I have played with the position of magnet, transmitter and the
receiver but still the computer doesn't show any reading. I went to
supergo and they gvae me another piece but that doesn't work for me
either :-( Would you happen to have a copy (online or hard copy) of
the manual that came with FuturaX? May be it has better instructions
on mounting the kit for correct speed/distance functionality.

Thought I'll check the forums once before making another trip to
return this computer. Any help is appreciated.

thanks
Raj