Problem with Supergo HRM 2000 Wireless computer

Catcherintherye

Guest
I bought the Supergo Wireless computer/HRM this weekend from their
store in Mountain View, CA. Here is a link to the product:
http://www.supergo.com/profile.cfm?LPROD_ID=22854&lsubcat_id=1512&lcat_id=7604&referpage=

Its a pretty good deal for $50 (on sale) as it combines
cyclocomputer functions with a HRM (current and avg HR
only). I just started biking and don't need an expensive
HRM. The HRM 2000 is very different from their HR1000
computer which has been discontinued now. Instead of showing
the actual current heart rate, HRM2000 shows the current HR
as the percentage of Maximum HR. I went through the manual
and there is no way to enter your age (so that MHR = 220 -
age) or MHR value directly. I called the store and tried to
explain but the salesman didn't get my point. So, I have no
clue that when the computer shows 78 (of MHR) what is my
actual heart rate!! 78 of what value?? The manual does not
explain that and google search didn't reveal any useful
information. Guess, I am missing something :-( If anyone has
used this device before, please enlighten me. Will
appreciate any comments or review of this product.

regards, Raj

Originally posted by Catcherintherye
[...]

=======================

Hey Raj...

I purchased this item...

http://tinyurl.com/3dtrh

It looks (and probably is) like the exact same item, just a different vendor badge...

I never quite understood the way they measure the HRM, but...

I'm fairly frustrated with my unit.... some days, the HRM function is rock steady, and seems to work quite well... the next day, it's read-out is all over the place. I've changed the batteries a couple of times (Wal-Mart is has the best price on fresh energizer batteries), but no difference...

Otherwise, the rest of it seem to be right on... I measured and compared it against other bike odometers, and it's right on..

Overall.. it's good, but the HRM function is not as perfect or described well enough to make me want to buy an other if I needed to.

Alain

Novellus wrote:

> I'm fairly frustrated with my unit....

Now see, on Alt.Mountain-bike I'd be expected to comment,
but on here I'm just gonna let it go.

Bill "not touching your unit with a 10-ft. keyboard" S.

" S o r n i" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Novellus wrote:
> >
> > I'm fairly frustrated with my unit....
>
> Now see, on Alt.Mountain-bike I'd be expected to comment,
> but on here I'm just gonna let it go.
>
> Bill "not touching your unit with a 10-ft. keyboard" S.

Try K-Y Jelly under the hart beat detection pads. I've had
one Polar or another since '84. The pads seem to loose their
ability to detect hart beats as they age. Also @ hi altitude
w/ lo humidity & hi speed decents, my pads wouuld sometimes
dry out of h2o, but if I had applied good ol KY first, that
wouldn't happen. Seriously, works well & mucho cheaper than
the stuff sold for the purpose.

John McGraw wrote:
> " S o r n i" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>> Novellus wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm fairly frustrated with my unit....
>>
>> Now see, on Alt.Mountain-bike I'd be expected to comment,
>> but on here I'm just gonna let it go.
>>
>> Bill "not touching your unit with a 10-ft. keyboard" S.
>
> Try K-Y Jelly under the hart beat detection pads. I've had
> one Polar or another since '84. The pads seem to loose
> their ability to detect hart beats as they age. Also @ hi
> altitude w/ lo humidity & hi speed decents, my pads wouuld
> sometimes dry out of h2o, but if I had applied good ol KY
> first, that wouldn't happen. Seriously, works well & mucho
> cheaper than the stuff sold for the purpose.

OK, I'll bite: why was this posted as a reply to what
*I* wrote?!?

Bill "aside from the K-Y, of course" S.

Alain,

Thanks for your reply. Companies like Supergo or Performance
get their products manufactured by some company (in China or
Hong Kong) and just rebadge them to sell them in their
stores. The Supergo HRM2000 combo is now at $30 in the
store! I checked the HRM funtion (by wearing the chest belt
while cycling on a stationary bike equipped with HRM
funtion) and it shows the actual HR instead of percentage of
Max HR as specified in the manual (not to mention that the
its written in poor english). Is this how your computer
works too?

I have played with the position of magnet, transmitter and
the receiver but still the computer doesn't show any
reading. I went to supergo and they gvae me another piece
but that doesn't work for me either :-( Would you happen to
have a copy (online or hard copy) of the manual that came
with FuturaX? May be it has better instructions on mounting
the kit for correct speed/distance functionality.

Thought I'll check the forums once before making another
trip to return this computer. Any help is appreciated.

thanks Raj

news:<[email protected]>...>