Problems deciding what bike to buy, fuji or bianchi

raysv

Jul 22, 2010
Hello,
The last post ended up in the wrong language ;)

I'm trying to buy my self a new racer (my first), and is looking at the final three but can't decide.

The bikes im looking at is:

Fuji Acr. 2.0 (full 105)
Fuji Roubaix LTD (Red limited edition with full Ultegra)
Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra Mix
Bianchi

Bikes is expensive here in norway, but i get the same price for both Roubaix and the Bianchi, around 2100 USD, and get the Acr 2.0 for 1500 USD.

Anyone got any pointers to what bike i should go for? Would the Acr 2.0 do for a newbie like me? or is the value of the others worth the more expensive price?

I like the looks of the bianchi, but the shop can only get it at size 55, and they have to order it for me so i can't see if it fits.
I'm 185 cm high, and my legs are 86,7 cm so the question is if 55 size is big enough?

Is the bianchi frames better so it justifyes droping the full ultegra for the bianchi mix?

Most shops has said i need a 56-58 size thats why i'm haveing doubts on the bianchi.

Heeeelp, what to do :)

Thanks in advance for all the help i can get :)

Though they have ugly uniforms, the Footon Pro Cycling Team rides Fuji so they certainly have the capability of making a fine bike. I would be wary of buying a bike you can't try on for size. The Fujis are fine and you will be able to make sure you get the right size for you.

If you have the money for the full Ultegra then go for it. It will be nice. But the 105 is still a suitable groupo for racing on (I have a 105 set with an Ultegra rear derailleur). Get the best frame that you know fits you. Upgrades can be made as parts wear out in the future. But ending up with a poorly fitting frame is a bad idea.