Problems throwing chains from the crankset any suggestions?

harlan12

Sep 26, 2013
I'm new to cycling and my wife purchased a gmc Denali 700c a year ago for my birthday. I just started riding it trying to lose weight. I have about 11 sessions under my belt with around 150 miles. I'm having issues throwing chains off my crankset. Everything is up to par no bent or missing teeth on the crank any suggestions on what to do from here? Thanks for any advice! I'm 6'4" 270lbs

Throwing issues off towards the frame or off towards the right leg?

Either way have you adjusted your limit screws?

There are literally tons of guides on youtube. Just search Front derailleur setup or something similar.

Check the front derailleur adjustment and high limit screw. The derailleur should be more or less centered over the large chainring. The limit screw will prevent the derailleur from moving too far right during a shift.

Also check that the chainring rotates without wobble and there is no play in the bottom bracket.

No problem. all being well with alignment and no damaged parts from any falls or bumps or undue stress. Please state if so. I'm sure turning the outer limit screw a little will stop the chain from being able to throw itself off during the change up.

Watched the YouTube videos on how to adjust and it was a little out of place! Adjusted it back and seems to be shifting fine with no chain issued I appreciated all the advice!! Be safe