Problems with Bontrager Node 1 Computer

pdt1793db

Jun 6, 2010
About a month I bough a new cycling computer a Bontrager Node 1 and about two weeks after having it I started to notice a syching problem between the unit and the sensor in the fork. Yesterday I rode in a 50k race in which the sensor first synched with the unit at the car but at the start line would not synch. This particular unit you have to wait for it to turn off before you can resych. At 8 attempts to resych during the race I gave up. My question is have any of you experienced this with this unit? what should I do to fix it?

Since no one has any ideas on how to fix this thing are there any ideas on what to replace it with that would work? Ive been thinking about a Garmin. any thoughts would be very helpful thanks.

I have no experience with the Bontrager computer, but suggest checking the sensor/magnet spacing and possibly replacing the sensor's battery.

I don't have any direct experience with these computers but the guys down at my reputable LBS told me they've been having problems with their Bontrager computers and have been sending quite a few back. I bought a Polar CS200 and am pretty happy but am only 50 miles in. You should get in touch with the warranty department ASAP.

Ok well I took it the Trek store and had my LBS play with it and he couldnt figure it out. Although I did enjoy watching him get very frustrated with it I guess I was glad someone else felt my pain. Anyway they gave me a full refund on the sensor and the head unit. So I ordered a Garmin 500 to replace it. So thats the end of that saga thanks to those who responded.