Problems with clipless pedals

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002 09:54:59 -0000, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Wise guy/dumbfuck - what's the difference?
Wise guy: you dumbfuck: BT Blond

>Bill, Bill, Bill, now, I'm only teasing you in a friendly manner, in the way I would get teased
>(and have been) in a similar situation. I'm not being mean at all. But you knew that, right? ',;~}
Of course I knew.

>Shaun aRe

Peace, Bill

:-]

> Muddy <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "penny s" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > > "Muddy" >
> > >
> > > Muddy - I'm on a roll today with great advise. Anyone else with a
> > >
> > > yes - there's a new guy on this newsgroup I read, and he really
thinks
> he's
> > > the best thing to happen to it in a long time. Plus, he replies to a
> certain
> > > well known internet pest and crossposts. What do you think I should
> do?
> > >
> > > penny
> >
> > Yes, yes, I've heard them all before, everyone's talking about him. I'd love to meet him, I bet
> > hes a great biker. So he's good looking, and rumored to have a 10" d*ck.
> >
> > He sounds nice doesn't he. But I don't fancy your chances with him, I think he's out of your
> > league, sorry
> >
> > P.s. 1) What crossposting.
> > 2) There's nothing wrong with talking civilized to others. Notice, I might (admittedly)
> > be one of the worse riders for laws, but he doesn't give me agro. Thats 'cos I argue
> > and call him outragous name. Muddy - Come on everyone, lets hold hands and sing
> > christmas carols round a log fire.
>
> ?! WTF !?

Hey that's way better than what I was going to say about lack of imagination to post something
intelligent. Nice I can count on your succint-ness Shaun.

penny

Guy's, whats the problem here?

Clipless are great;
1) How else are we supposed to bunny hop? The really way!
2) If you reeeally wind them up, your feet don't come off the pedals prematurely.
3) Even when landing, after the 10ft drop off, you'll still be near your bike (connected). and;
4) when falling off you can easily find the bike again.

What's wrong with disc's. There really useful fo applying (Jamming on) the front brake for
instant results.

And helmets? Pah. There for softies. Unless you got disc brakes that
is. Then you'll most probably need the full body protection, and a large sign stuck to you saying
'DANGER. RESURFACING ROAD'

Muddy.

spademan o---[)* wrote:

>>>Each to their own Steve - the wise to flats, the stoopid to clipless.
>>>

>>Each to their own Shaunie Boy - the wise to clipless, those uninterested in efficient pedaling
>>to flats.
>
> Its a tradeoff, if efficient pedalling means everything to you then yes, you should probably (buy
> a road bike) ride clipless pedals.

It doesn't mean everything, but it's nice.

However,
> If you have the foresight to realise that mountain biking involves more than that, if you never
> want to worry about clipping in/out,

I don't. I've been riding clipless since I used to race XC (now you know we're talking a long time
ago :) and clipping in and out is as natural as using a flat pedal.

> if you want to be able to wear shoes that you can actually walk in if you need to without looking
> like an essex girl on a friday night,

Hmm, I'll give you that one. Although, wandering in to the pub, people first tend to notice the
stupid helmet on your head before your stilletos.

> if you want to be able to control your bike through skill and not through being stuck to it,

It's not my fault that I have to use SPuDs to bunny hop <sniffle>

> then yours is the flat pedal and everything that's not clipped in it and - which is more - you'll
> be a Man my son.

Who cares about being a man, I just want to enjoy my youth before I do something stupid like get a
long term girlfriend and spend my weekends in Ikea. D'Oh!

> Buy some flat pedals, you know it makes sense.

Have some and love 'em. They're just not going on my mountain bike.

--
a.m-b FAQ: http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/ambfaq.htm

b.bmx FAQ: http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/bmx_faq.htm

On Wed, 4 Dec 2002 11:07:48 -0000, "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Shaun aRe - And what's with all this 'peace' shite, you a f*cking hippie or something?
I wouldn't say hippie but......one never knows. "Peace" is just part of me.

P E A C E A N D J O Y T O T H E W O R L D, Bill The mind serves properly as a window glass rather
than as a reflector, that is, the mind should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of
the world.
:-]