problems with performance ti-mg pedals?!

Dan Baker

Guest
I've had the same problem now in two pairs of performance ti-mg pedals after about 1000 miles each
time. The cleat platform on the left pedal is fastened to the mg body with two screws, and the screw
at the toe of the cleat retain strips out of the body. My guess is that the mg body is just too soft
and there may not be enough thread engaged in the design. I make a fair number of short commuter
trips on my daily rides bike trailering the kids to school and such, and so am getting in and out of
the cleats a lot.

anybody else had this problem with performance ti-mg pedals?

I am considering a switch to speedplay, or trying the similar wellgo SPDs, but am a little concerned
about sensitivity to grit with speedplay. I have a gravel driveway and about 1/4 mile dirt road to
pavement, and typically end up taking a few steps in gravel/sand before clipping in. Are speedplays
going to be able to handle this?

Also, I note that speedplay typically lists the weight of the pedal body only, and in comparing to
the total weight of a typical spd pedal/cleat, I am wondering what the TOTAL weights of the
speedplay systems are. anybody have this info?

thanks, d

[email protected] (dan baker) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> Also, I note that speedplay typically lists the weight of the pedal body only, and in comparing to
> the total weight of a typical spd pedal/cleat, I am wondering what the TOTAL weights of the
> speedplay systems are. anybody have this info?
...I've found some numbers, and thought I'd post to see if anyone can verify. looks like the
speedplay x/1 with cleats totals up to about 212 gr for $250, and the performance ti-mg and wellgo
ti-mg (look the same) are about 280gr including cleats for $80.