Problems with Powertap and cyclingpeaks

Discussion in 'Power Training' started by SCOKER, Dec 26, 2007.

1. SCOKER

SCOKER New Member

the last couple of times I have ridden for over an hour and a half, and both times when I download my data into cylcingpeaks only 256 records of data are downloades equivalent to only ten minutes, anyone has had this problem before, where could I find possible solutions?

Tags:

2. acoggan

acoggan Member

Ah, the dreaded '256 records' error! IIRC, that's what happens when the PowerTap believes it's already been downloaded, and/or some other event (e.g., a slight jiggle of the computer in either the handlebar mount or the download cradle) causes an 'end-of-file' to be written.

Anyway, if it happens to you again the first thing to try is the 'recover data from PowerTap standard...' option available from the 'Tools' drop-down menus in WKO+. If that doesn't work, you'll have to jump through some even bigger hoops to extract the data, by searching the web for David Easter's utility, but I've always been able to eventually download the data.

As for preventing it from happening again, the first thing to do is check for loose connections...

3. SCOKER

SCOKER New Member

Thanks a lot, I tried it again following your instruction, held the craddle tightly on my hand and it downloaded just fine.

thanks.