UK and Europe · Public discussion

problems with Quad QHD-1 hydraulic MTB caliper

Started by mr p · · Last activity · 1 post · 510 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
20 August 2007
Last activity
20 August 2007
Original author
mr p
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
510
Views / 30 days
13

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. My rear brake was stuck on the other day. I had to remove the
    caliper before riding the bike. The pistons seem to be fairly free
    after I drained out the fluid, so my theory is that the fluid might
    have absorbed moisture and expanded, is this a good theory ?

    It seems that it needs new pads really since after putting it back
    together with out any fluid, it makes a horrid scraping noise.The
    pads are £15+postage, so I wander if it would it be advisable to
    upgrade to a whole new Shimano brake set ? I need some advice from
    the experts please, before the front one fails as well !

    The brake was working perfectly ok BTW, but I have recently been
    leaving my bike outside under a cover, which is why I think the fluid
    could have got moisture contaminated. Do the mineral oil based systems
    avoid this promlem ? I have another option, which is to revert to a
    cheap mechanical rim brake but I do rather like the stopping power of
    the discs !

    Simon

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.