problems with swimman mp3 player

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Arturs, Mar 27, 2006.

  1. Arturs

    Arturs Guest

    Two years ago I bought a swimman mp3 player which is supposed to be
    waterproof. The swimman has broken three times in the two years since
    I've had it. The first two times the product was under warranty and was
    (temporarily) fixed by the company. Now the warranty is over so the
    company told me I'm out of luck.

    The company told me "Any electronic product does wear out from regular
    usage. In addition, the aquatic environment is very harsh on any and
    all electronic gear, as well as swimsuits, goggles, wetsuits, etc."

    In other words, they believe that it is reasonable for their product to
    break three times in two years from regular usage. What have other
    users' experiences been with underwater mp3 players? Is this a normal
    lifespan for an underwater mp3 player?

    Are any brands more reliable than others? As I plan to do some research
    to replace the swimman, I would be interested in knowing the
    experiences of others on this newsgroup.

    cheers, Arturs

    Tags:

  2. Plavanie.com

    Plavanie.com Guest

    Dear Group Members,

    Can you please suggest good models of players that are working in
    water?

    Where is it possible to find more or less full catalogue?

    I mean so that it include many products with photos and characteristics
    for easier choice?

    Thank you for response.

  3. Beach Runner

    Beach Runner Guest

    Plavanie.com wrote:
    > Dear Group Members,
    >
    > Can you please suggest good models of players that are working in
    > water?
    >
    > Where is it possible to find more or less full catalogue?
    >
    > I mean so that it include many products with photos and characteristics
    > for easier choice?
    >
    > Thank you for response.

    Let them know you are posting the results!