Problems with the main pivot of Gary Fisher Sugar1

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stu

Hi

Would like to know if anyone has been having problems with the main pivot bushes on their Gary
Fisher Sugar. I'm finding that the Teflon bushes are wearing out after only a couple of months
riding. I know this is not normal on my previous frame they lasted well over two years.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers Stu

Originally posted by Stu
Hi

Would like to know if anyone has been having problems with the main pivot bushes on their Gary
Fisher Sugar. I'm finding that the Teflon bushes are wearing out after only a couple of months
riding. I know this is not normal on my previous frame they lasted well over two years.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers Stu

Did you get any replies on this? I'm experiencing the same problem and am investigating my options.

Originally posted by Rodney
Did you get any replies on this? I'm experiencing the same problem and am investigating my options.
:)

I don't have one but after reading the Gary Fisher web site it seems that small grains of dirt will wear out the bushes. The site warns not to lube these components as they are self lubing will gather dirt on any lubes. You may already know this but thought I would mention it.

Wizza

Status
Not open for further replies.