Problems with the testosterone test

In article
<579e4a94-f2a4-4b2f-aa83-1fe2ec8dc061@l64g2000hse.googlegroups.com>,

> On May 3, 11:22 am, Kurgan Gringioni <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Dumbasses -
> >
> > check this out:
> >
> > http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5iKoILy8T-1H7FgljqccywzJyFhzA

> Floyd is Korean?
>
> Joseph

If that's what it takes, he will be.

Maybe he has a vanishing Korean twin dog,

On May 3, 7:55 am, Robert Chung <[email protected]> wrote:
> On May 3, 7:51 am, Robert Chung <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > On May 3, 2:22 am, Kurgan Gringioni <[email protected]> wrote:

> > >http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5iKoILy8T-1H7FgljqccywzJyFhzA

> > So you're saying you've been doping, undetected, for all this time?

> Just to clarify, I'm not saying this in an accusatory tone. I'm
> looking for tips.

Dumbass -

Not saying anything. I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on the
topic. It does seem like there's a very large problem w/ their test.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

On May 3, 3:39 pm, Kurgan Gringioni <[email protected]> wrote:

> I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on the
> topic. It does seem like there's a very large problem w/ their test.

Double Dumbass,

a) We covered this topic weeks ago and discussed both the genetics
involved and the false test rates.

b) You are only now noticing that there are problems with drug testing
in sport? Wow.

c) This publication will help with the argument for (eventual)
mandatory DNA sampling of athletes that fall under the WADA code. It's
going to make for some very interesting politics. Don't be surprised
to see state governments to get involved over health privacy issues.
Should be yet another entertaining round of sound and fury in the
quest for "clean" sport.

Mark

[email protected] wrote:
> c) This publication will help

Too much money has been poured into the existing procedures. Both sports
and dope politicians will remain supporting them.

Amit,

Once again you have totally missed the point of what was written. That
being, regardless of actual utility, various agencies desire to
collect DNA samples from athletes and will find a way to do so. I'm
not telling you it makes sense, I'm telling you this is the path they
are heading down and what the discussion is going to look like. If you
disagree with that then go ahead and make your case but don't portend
to lecture me on why DNA collection doesn't make sense when I've never
made the case for it.

One last time in case you are not as dense as you currently appear to
be: go back and read what I actually wrote -- nowhere do I suggest
that this path is sensible or will make one iota of difference in
catching purported doper. I merely that DNA collection it is going to
happen (or at least be attempted) and that legitimate issues around
improving current tests will be the basis for the collection.

Nice strawman on the GPS chip argument though. You could do better.

Ciao,

Mark