Procedure for larger cassettes

bigmatt

Jun 30, 2004
Hi,

I am changing out my stock cassette from a 12-25 Ultegra to a 12-27. I have a new chain to go with it and am wondering if I need to make the new chain longer and if adjustments to limit screws etc. are nessasary.

Thanks in advance for the tips! This is my first post and I am looking forward to using this forum.

Best, -Matt

:D

Originally posted by bigmatt
Hi,

I am changing out my stock cassette from a 12-25 Ultegra to a 12-27. I have a new chain to go with it and am wondering if I need to make the new chain longer and if adjustments to limit screws etc. are nessasary.

Thanks in advance for the tips! This is my first post and I am looking forward to using this forum.

Best, -Matt

:D
The chain might need to be longer,but since the original chain could have been sized several different ways there is no way to know. www.parktool.com has the drill on chain length. Don't mess with the limit screws. the B tension might need tweaking.

Originally posted by boudreaux
The chain might need to be longer,but since the original chain could have been sized several different ways there is no way to know. www.parktool.com has the drill on chain length. Don't mess with the limit screws. the B tension might need tweaking.

Thanks!

The B tension is the screw that pushes on the hanger?