proctor frame

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Pasquale, Mar 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pasquale

Pasquale Guest

i took a look at a proctor track frame today, 531 tubing, nice lug-work. trying to find out more
    about proctor. anyone?

Tags:

2. Kapers

Kapers Guest

Hello Pasquale. Proctor was a frame builder here in Edmonton in the 70's and 80's. Along with a
    fellow named Townsend, they produced quite a few excellent quality frames. Most were sold at
    Townsend's family Shop (High Country) but were popular all over western Canada and parts of the US.
    They also trained a fellow named Jim Moulden, who later went on to found "the hardcore mountainbike
    store" and still produces numerous Moulden frames to this day. You have a rare and treasured item
    there my friend..... enjoy!

"The knack lies in learning to throw yourself
    - at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams.

Keith Pears.

"Pasquale" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > i took a look at a proctor track frame today, 531 tubing, nice lug-work. trying to find out more
    > about proctor. anyone?

3. Pasquale

Pasquale Guest

thanks for the reply! This is great information. I'm going to look into it further.

"kapers" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hello Pasquale. Proctor was a frame builder here in Edmonton in the 70's and 80's. Along with a
    > fellow named Townsend, they produced quite a few excellent quality frames. Most were sold at
    > Townsend's family Shop (High Country) but were popular all over western Canada and parts of the
    > US. They also trained a fellow named Jim Moulden, who later went on to found "the hardcore
    > mountainbike store" and still produces numerous Moulden frames to this day. You have a rare and
    > treasured item there my friend..... enjoy!
    >
    > "The knack lies in learning to throw yourself
    > - at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams.
    >
    > Keith Pears.
    >
    >
    > "Pasquale" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > i took a look at a proctor track frame today, 531 tubing, nice lug-work. trying to find out more
    > > about proctor. anyone?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.