proctor frame

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pasquale

i took a look at a proctor track frame today, 531 tubing, nice lug-work. trying to find out more
about proctor. anyone?

Hello Pasquale. Proctor was a frame builder here in Edmonton in the 70's and 80's. Along with a
fellow named Townsend, they produced quite a few excellent quality frames. Most were sold at
Townsend's family Shop (High Country) but were popular all over western Canada and parts of the US.
They also trained a fellow named Jim Moulden, who later went on to found "the hardcore mountainbike
store" and still produces numerous Moulden frames to this day. You have a rare and treasured item
there my friend..... enjoy!

"The knack lies in learning to throw yourself
- at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams.

Keith Pears.

"Pasquale" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> i took a look at a proctor track frame today, 531 tubing, nice lug-work. trying to find out more
> about proctor. anyone?

thanks for the reply! This is great information. I'm going to look into it further.

"kapers" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Hello Pasquale. Proctor was a frame builder here in Edmonton in the 70's and 80's. Along with a
> fellow named Townsend, they produced quite a few excellent quality frames. Most were sold at
> Townsend's family Shop (High Country) but were popular all over western Canada and parts of the
> US. They also trained a fellow named Jim Moulden, who later went on to found "the hardcore
> mountainbike store" and still produces numerous Moulden frames to this day. You have a rare and
> treasured item there my friend..... enjoy!
>
> "The knack lies in learning to throw yourself
> - at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams.
>
> Keith Pears.
>
>
> "Pasquale" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > i took a look at a proctor track frame today, 531 tubing, nice lug-work. trying to find out more
> > about proctor. anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.