Product Design Research Survey!

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by Andrew McMillan, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Andrew McMillan

Andrew McMillan New Member

Hello Everyone!

I figured this would be the most appropriate thread to post this on.

My name is Andrew and I am a senior at The Cleveland Institute of Art looking to conduct some research on commuting by cycling. I am a product design major and am looking to spend my semester designing a product that would make commuting easier! If you ride everyday please fill out this survey it would really help me out in creating a great product!

Also if you have any other additional comments to add such as things that bother you about your commute or daily ride feel free to let me know. The more information i get the better off I am during my conceptual ideation phase. Number of responses aren't that important to me but great in depth answers are truly priceless. Thanks for your time and your thoughts!!

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/667231/bb63043c23ff

Tags:

2. swampy1970

swampy1970 Well-Known Member

Devices that'd make commuting easier:

A dynamo based system to keep your coffee hot.

Another dynamo based system that defies the law of physics and delivers at least twice the amount of power to an electric motor than that given by the commuter pedalling his bike. Think of it as "Cancellara in a box"

Tires that never puncture - but ride the same and weigh the same as a good pneumatic tire.

"Van de Gone" portable Van de Graaff generator. A car pisses you off - Van de Gone it. Zing! Watch its electrical system go up in smoke. A wimshurst machine might be a better option - maybe just go straight for the driver instead of the car.

Self loading crossbow. Dusting for GSR would be like dusting for vomit.

A hyabusa engine.

3. Froze

Froze Well-Known Member

Child gone amok again I see.

4. swampy1970

swampy1970 Well-Known Member

His first post trawling was given the respect it deserved. He dived straight into "I'm a lazy ass and I want to steel your ideas so I can carry on partying and getting wasted rather than working" mode.

These might actually do it for me if I didn't have a 42mile one way trip (68 miles without hitting the freeway):

A dynamo based system to keep your coffee hot.

Tires that never puncture - but ride the same and weigh the same as a good pneumatic tire. While my favorite tires, the 4000S only puncture about once a year, they still puncture when I need them too the least - normally when it's going dark and in the rain.

A hyabusa engine.

5. alienator

alienator Well-Known Member

I want a heads up display that overlays a holographic image of Salma Hayek on the road, dancing as Satanico Pandemonium.

Swampy, it appears that Froze needs to be very close to you. He hangs on your every word, and I'd not be surprised to hear that he paints his body pillow every night with love stain as he imagines your moist saddle against his forehead.

6. bobnuttall

bobnuttall New Member

hi guys, im pretty much in the same situation. im a degree year student in industrial design in ireland and would really appreciate it if you could take a sec to fill out my market research survey!!! (its only 7 questions!!!) cheers

ps:i filled out your one!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/T9K93DJ

7. Andrew McMillan

haha no worries mate, ill fill out your survey.

8. Andrew McMillan

Also to anyone that looks at my profile and realizes I made it yesterday. I do ride my bike in excess of 25 miles a day easily just because i love it. My bike being the first one here, dont have enough money to work on the rest of the bike right now but think of my survey as an intro for me to get into bike forums!! I'm not just gonna take your info, i promise.

Again appreciate your help!

[​IMG]

9. Andrew McMillan

Also wanna take the time that I am an active cyclist myself! Not solely just for research I'm trying to learn as much as I can about bikes and get into the forum culture. I ride about 20 to 30 miles a day regardless of those hectic weather situations. My bike to prove it! Again thanks for any info I receive, even the funny ones are helpful.

[​IMG]