Product for cleaning carbon frames?

lumberjack18

Apr 18, 2013
Hey guys, I just got my first carbon frame bike. Looking for a product to clean and help protect the frame. Would like something easy to spray on and wipe off after each ride. Any suggestions?

A damp shop rag or paper towel?

This works fine on my carbon forks.

I use a small bucket and soap & water wash using a terrycloth or flannel rag. Dish soap or car wash detergent...doesn't matter.

Apply car wax with terry or flannel cloth and buff off with same.

Motorcycle shops sell wash/rinse solutions that work well on my motorbikes. I would see no reason they wouldn't leave a bicycle shiny and spotless. Some bicycle shops sell similar 'Spray on-Hose off' products.

Pedro's has their Green Fizz: http://pedros.com/products/clean-and-lube/degreasers-andcleaners/green-fizz/

Most of the new cleaners are so enviro/eco/green you can use them to concoct a good martini, but do check to make sure they are carbon safe. Pedro's Green Fizz is suitable for use on carbon.

Thanks guys. I've seen where people are using pledge furniture polish for a wipe on and off cleaner and wax. It's not caustic or petroleum based and doesn't have any abrasives in it. I think that would be a good option, plus it's cheap!!

lumberjack18 said:
Thanks guys. I've seen where people are using pledge furniture polish for a wipe on and off cleaner and wax. It's not caustic or petroleum based and doesn't have any abrasives in it. I think that would be a good option, plus it's cheap!!
Yup. It'll work fine.

lumberjack18 said:
Yup. It'll work fine.