Product Review: Dynaflex X-Grip Pro Hand Exerciser

fitnessallday

Dec 12, 2011
I recently purchased a dyna-flex gyro powerball from Amazon. Prior to purchasing it, I did get a chance to try it out at a local BIG-5 store. They had a powerball and the docking station for display and use to customers right in front of their cash register. I tried it out and all of my skepticism quickly went away. Let me tell you, I have a ton of joint issues from weight lifting like wrist tendonitis (I can't even grip the handle bars tightly without pain), tennis elbow (sounds familiar anyone?) and rotator cuff soreness. My first impression was how much torque this little thing produces. It was as if the ball was trying to free itself from my grasp but when I held it and rotated my wrist, it helped created enough tension where my muscles were being put into play. I ended up not purchasing the item but when I drove home I suddenly realized that my wrist felt better and my natural range of motion in my wrist was coming back whereas before I couldn’t without some sort of soreness or tightness in my wrist.

After looking at other great reviews online I decided to give it a shot and bought it off Amazon. Every day I’d do a variety of arm motions with the powerball gyro spinning in my hand and after about a week my tennis elbow pain decreased dramatically, my rotator cuff felt a lot better but what felt the best was my wrist having its range of motion back. I can now grab the bar and twist my wrist without any pain. I highly recommend this product not just as a rehab tool but to prevent injuries in the future by strengthening the muscles that the powerball emphasizes.

I also saw at the store that this company carries an "X-Grip" pro hand exerciser for bikers but I didn't notice that until I purchased the powerball. Has anyone tried any of these products before and had great results?