Professional bike fit

Frank D.

Jul 16, 2005
Interested in opinions on merits of having a pro-fit done to size for new(bike) or to modify existing set up on bike. Cost would be around $200 Thanks

$200 sounds a little steep. I've seen fit kit fittings done for as little as $75.00 around here. If I had never been properly fitted, I would consider it, but the price would have to be better than $200.00.

kdelong said:
$200 sounds a little steep. I've seen fit kit fittings done for as little as $75.00 around here. If I had never been properly fitted, I would consider it, but the price would have to be better than $200.00.
I do not feel that $200 is too steep for a fitting, I would say that it is right in the ball park with other fitting sessions.

The main thing that I feel is something to think about is this....Is the fitter starting from scratch? I mean are they looking at you first and then finding the right geometry for you. You cannot sit on a trainer for 20 minutes and determine that the fit is correct. This also will take away any preconceived notions as to what you look like on the bike. After the initial measurements of you are taken, then the fitter should then be able to 1.) adjust your bike {Note here: Take more money than you are just spending on the fit, you may need to change parts.} If they can get you set on your bike, then there you have it. If not then they should still be able to put you on a bike in the shop that closely matches what you need to be on and let you see and feel the difference. I am a believer in scientific based fitting, I do not believe that it is an artform, glass sculpting is an artform. Everything we do on the bike can be qualified thru research, if you move down "X" on the stem height, what does that do to heartrate, and power, and efficiency?

The one system that I have seen and not participated in is the Cyfac System. All others are based off seeing you on a trainer, and asking you if that feels right. Do a google search and read up on the Cyfac Postural system. I do not work for, or am I paid to advertise for them, I have not even had the system done yet....And I say YET.

Where are you located?

Im in Socal and I got my bike professionally fitted with 75 bucks. I have all measurements recorded.

I have the guys email if you local around Socal.