Professional Bike Fitting

dericious13

Jan 22, 2004
Curious what kind of fitting systems people are using?

I've gotten a fit using the Probikefit system and the Wobble Naught System.

I'd venture to guess that it's proably the most important accessory you can buy for yourself. and wanted to see what people thought?

I've had several fittings over the years, but I don't know that any of them used a "system". They were all done by guys who just knew how a bike was supposed to fit. They were very interactive in the sense that the "best fit" was modified to my preferences and feel for the ride they provided.

I have been intrigued by the Wobble Naught system but complexity of the online fitting system looks like it would be very easy to get it wrong. I don't know of any local shops that use it.

I have to say the probikefit system made a major difference for me when i first got my bike set up.

The wobble naught system requires lots of measurements that i didn't trust to do on my own so i drove about an hour to have someone do it for me. Surprisingly based on their system, my bike was already almost set exactly to their recomendations. I took that as a good sign, as the bike did feel just about perfect. but the system got my attention so i wanted them to check me. My brother did the same fit and there were pretty drastick changes to his set up.

I was just curious what other people were using.

dericious13 said:
I have to say the probikefit system made a major difference for me when i first got my bike set up.

I was just curious what other people were using.
I've gotten the best results from data generated from Accufit:

http://www.billbostoncycles.com/

Seems to match up better with actual measurements when I have finally gotten things dialed-in.

I'm curious about ProBikeFit that you mentioned. I just did a Google search on that name and only got 2 hits. Both people mention it with the same spelling as you used, but that leads me to believe it isn't a very popular system.

Here is a link to an online bike fitting system I have used. After my last dealer fitting, I felt my bike fit was close to perfect. When I ran through the Wrench Science fitting at this link, it was spooky how close it was to my fit -- they were within a few mm of being dead on identical.

http://www.wrenchscience.com/

Click the link for "WS Sizing System" in the right margin.

I used the one at coloradocyclist as the basis and from there I did a lot of trial and error to see if its really a fit for me.

I tend to find that the area I that makes contact with the saddle on my shorts is the very front edge of the padding - is my bike not properly fitting me?

velo fellow said:
Here is a link to an online bike fitting system I have used. After my last dealer fitting, I felt my bike fit was close to perfect. When I ran through the Wrench Science fitting at this link, it was spooky how close it was to my fit -- they were within a few mm of being dead on identical.

http://www.wrenchscience.com/

Click the link for "WS Sizing System" in the right margin.

Yes .. quite impressive really. It was very close to what I set up on my bike after a long time of tweaking and adjusting. Most things were within millimetres !

I do find it to be better than that competitivecyclist has as the results there seem to be more catered for cyclists who are already very fit and have fantastic flexibility ! My reach there was like almost 15mm longer than what I felt comfortable ! :eek:

Is it pretty normal to take your bike to a shop to be fit to it? I've been experiencing some knee and wrist pain lately (i think my seat is too far back and my handlebars too low, but i can't get the adjustment right), and i'd like to get my bike refit.