Professional cycling has been rocked

Status
Not open for further replies.

deva123

Feb 24, 2010
Professional cycling has been rocked by several major scandals over the past few years. Some of the riders at the very top of the sport have been taken down by accusations of cheating and critics say cycling’s image is tarnished beyond repair. And on top of it all, the pharmaceutical and physiological hijinks taking place are complicated enough that casual fans and non-scientists are both left scratching their heads.

Actually, nobody cares. Some of us just want to see people riding bicycles real fast and up and down mountains.

NoRacer said:
Actually, nobody cares. Some of us just want to see people riding bicycles real fast and up and down mountains.

I don't care either...What I'd like to know is how you find time to ride 300 miles a week.

NoRacer said:

Excuse my French, but Bullsh!t on this comment...you really should consider speaking for yourself...

I care, for one. Cheaters are the scum of the earth (IMO) and I don't care to knowingly watch and follow lab manufactured superhumans, regardless if they're just riding bicycles or any other activity...no apologies for having morals and ethics here...you now know where I stand - no equivocations...

Well seein' as the intent was to provide spam via a sig, it's no surprise the OP couldn't find the Doping sub-forum.

tonyzackery said:
Excuse my French, but Bullsh!t on this comment...you really should consider speaking for yourself...

I care, for one. Cheaters are the scum of the earth (IMO) and I don't care to knowingly watch and follow lab manufactured superhumans, regardless if they're just riding bicycles or any other activity...no apologies for having morals and ethics here...you now know where I stand - no equivocations...

I don't care either. Bring back Ullrich, Ricco, Landis, Rasmussen, Kasheskin, Kessler, Colom, Di Luca, etc. I want to watch them all race. Put them on one team and call them Team Scum of the Earth.

Bike4Him said:
I don't care either...What I'd like to know is how you find time to ride 300 miles a week.

I commute to and from work for 50% of that and the rest is done on the weekend.

That number in my sig (1,504 miles) is not up-to-date.

Fixed (for the moment).

tonyzackery said:

Let he who has no sin cast the first stone.

If you are naive enough to think that humans will never cheat, you're cheating yourself out of reality.

I'm not condoning cheating, but it will never go away... ever.

NoRacer said:
Let he who has no sin cast the first stone.

If you are naive enough to think that humans will never cheat, you're cheating yourself out of reality.

I'm not condoning cheating, but it will never go away... ever.

I must admit that that comment there is the least brilliant comment I've ever read in this forum - bar none other...

At this juncture, I'm not sure whether I should tear you a new one - which you have made doing VERY easy - or I should just take pity on you and leave you be with your attitude - I'm going to take the high road this time...

I don't know from where you've acquired your philosophy/lessons in life, but I sincerely hope and trust that institution of lesser learning was shut down after you graduated...

Status
Not open for further replies.