profile cranks and new peddals

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Simon, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Simon

    Simon Guest

    Hi everyone,

    I currently run profile cranks on my mtb ...yes with bmx bearings. However I was wondering if bmx
    peddals are same thread and size as mtb? Anyone know?

    Simon

    ***-=[ http://www.tau-designs.co.uk ]=-***

  2. D_d

    D_d Guest

    Simon wrote:

    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I currently run profile cranks on my mtb ...yes with bmx bearings. However I was wondering if bmx
    > peddals are same thread and size as mtb? Anyone know?

    Most(all?) 3-piece bmx cranks profile etc. are the same size as mtb. 1-piece bmx cranks are a
    different size

    --
    D_D

  3. Simon wrote:
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I currently run profile cranks on my mtb ...yes with bmx bearings. However I was wondering if bmx
    > peddals are same thread and size as mtb? Anyone know?

    All 3-piece cranks (bmx and mtb) run 9/16" thread diameter spindles. It's only kiddies bikes and
    bmxes with 1-piece cranks that use 1/2" thread.

    --
    a.m-b FAQ: http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/ambfaq.htm

    b.bmx FAQ: http://bombacommand.iwarp.com/bmx_faq.htm

  4. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    Simon wrote:
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I currently run profile cranks on my mtb ...yes with bmx bearings. However I was wondering if bmx
    > peddals are same thread and size as mtb? Anyone know?

    I don't. Try alt.bmx.

    Greg

  5. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    G.T. <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Simon wrote:
    > > Hi everyone,
    > >
    > > I currently run profile cranks on my mtb ...yes with bmx bearings.
    However I
    > > was wondering if bmx peddals are same thread and size as mtb? Anyone know?

    Generally different sized.

    > I don't. Try alt.bmx.

    I do. Try alt. ignorant muffin.

    Shaun aRe

  6. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Jonathan Harris <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > > Generally different sized.
    >
    > And there's everyone else trying to convince HWSNBN that mountain bikers aren't liars...

    'Strue - they also have hydrocosprioliczoid threads, which are incompatible with MTB metal. You
    don't believe me? Right, then you go with the explosion risk.

    Shaun aRe - animals they iz, animals!

  7. Lisa

    Lisa Guest

    I think that BMX pedals are 1/2" while MTB pedals are 9/16". Many of the good BMX pedals also come
    in both sizes, so just tell the guy you are buying them from that it is for your MTN bike.

    G.T. <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Simon wrote:
    > > Hi everyone,
    > >
    > > I currently run profile cranks on my mtb ...yes with bmx bearings.
    However I
    > > was wondering if bmx peddals are same thread and size as mtb? Anyone know?
    >
    > I don't. Try alt.bmx.
    >
    > Greg
    >
    > --
    > "Destroy your safe and happy lives before it is too late, the battles we fought were long and
    > hard, just not to be consumed by rock n' roll..." - The Mekons

  8. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "Lisa" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I think that BMX pedals are 1/2" while MTB pedals are 9/16". Many of the good BMX pedals also come
    > in both sizes, so just tell the guy you are buying them from that it is for your MTN bike.

    How come you didn't suggest going to Bow Cycles?

    JD