Proflex Problem

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by simoneppsee, Oct 15, 2003.

1. simoneppsee

simoneppsee New Member

I have a proflex 957 which is great but i over did it the other day and blew out my noleen rear shock....:( I have been told not to replace it with another noleen.....but it has a different fitting on the swing arm(the bolt goes straight up into the bottom of the noleen)than other shocks i have looked at??Any one got any ideas of other companys that make this fitting.....:confused:

Tags:

2. devon inbred

devon inbred New Member

there is nothing wrong with the noleen shocks, i know of people who have been using them for many years with no problem, if you are concerned then measure the length of you existing shock, centre of the pivot to pivot, this will give you your shock length, then it is a case of researching various manufacturers web sites for a compatable model that will fit.

3. Risse make replacment shocks for the Pro Flex 957. I think their are coil over and air options. Check their web iste out and write to them, they seem quite helpful.

SCUM Rises to the top!!

4. eladglinert

eladglinert New Member

Have the same problem with Proflex Reptile. Found replacement shock (at risse and elsewhere) for other Proflex models, but not for Reptile. Any ideas?

5. listontt

listontt New Member

I' own a proflex 755. Are there replacement shocks available?

6. beaver 19

beaver 19 New Member

I made my own replacement mcu's. Went to mcmasters/carr website and ordered some polyurethane. They have some with holes in them already,but I just drilled my own. They have them with varying degrees of durometeres(hardness), still experimenting with it but at least I can ride my bike now. Never did get a response from k2.