progressing from square to round rails

max_pfeifer

Guest
I can grind ledges and square park-rails (flat and sloped) pretty
easily, and am wanting to try a round rail. i have found a pretty low
one at a skate park near me, but as yet i havent had the guts to try
it. is this a mind over matter thing like lots of unicycling tricks, or
are round rails much harder?
If the latter, does anyone have any tips?

Cheers,

Max

--
max_pfeifer

what do you give to the man who has everything? ...Nothing!
max_pfeifer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7644

depending on how high you can jump i say find a 3 set with a handrail
and just kiss it quick. I almost tried a 5 set witch would have been a
proper grind but there was sick near the run up...

Mike

--
swarbrim

:D add me at [email protected]

"I know how you feel. I live in England, and I was given a raincoat for
Christmas three years ago, and I still haven't had chance to use it. "
-- Mike Fule
swarbrim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11005

max_pfeifer wrote:
> is this a mind over matter thing like lots of unicycling tricks, or are
> round rails much harder?

No, some people find round rails easier. My first rail was a round 4
step, and I have watched a couple people's frist rails which where
round.

My advice is to just go for it. you only have to trick yourself into
doing it once to see how easy it really is.

--
onetrack

"People over here have a dangerous habit of adding quotes to signature
lines."
-Klaas Bil
onetrack's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6374

I can't grind yet, but im pretty good with my stalls\grabs.

I first started doing my crank\pedal grabs on flat object, but then
when I went to do them on curved surfaces, I thought it would be harder
cause it is curved but I jumped on it just fine, with no problems.

So my advice is to just go for it, you may wreck a few times, but when
have we let a wreck keep us down?

--
Jerrick

What would you do to me if i was passed out on your bed? o.0

swarbrim wrote:
> depending on how high you can jump i say find a 3 set with a handrail
> and just kiss it quick. I almost tried a 5 set witch would have been a
> proper grind but there was sick near the run up...
>
> Mike

the rail i wanna try is low and long (about 50-60cm i think). it is at
a skate park. do you think i should find a shorter one? even if it
means going higher (i can hop up a 70cm ledge)?

Cheers,

Max

--
max_pfeifer

what do you give to the man who has everything? ...Nothing!
max_pfeifer's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7644

well since you have "balls of steel" as your message under your avatar
states i reckon you should go for it. :p i can do flat grinds aswell
but since my uni is out of order :eek: at the moment i dont wanna try
a round rail anytime soon....

--
UniPsychoLiam
UniPsychoLiam's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11283

As max said its just getiin the balls to go for it. I found a 3 set
handrail and did it (with amanda's "encoragement"). I was lookin at a
rail very similer at a park but i couldnt go for it. Height should not
be a problem.

Mike

--

UniPsychoLiam wrote:
> well since you have "balls of steel" as your message under your avatar
> states i reckon you should go for it. :p i can do flat grinds aswell
> but since my uni is out of order :eek: at the moment i dont wanna try
> a round rail anytime soon....

yeah but even steel can bend and break...