Project Complete!

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by NativeTexan, Sep 3, 2006.

1. NativeTexan

NativeTexan New Member

I have been working on refurbishing my Eddy Merckx, and finally it is done.

It is a mid-80's frame, now sporting Campy Super Record components, except for Look pedals and Shimano brake levers, which will be replaced as soon as I find an appropriate replacement. The wheels have Shimano hubs. I replaced the cogs with 13-24 to help me get back into riding shape. Now, it's time to hit the road!!!

Here it is:

[​IMG]

Tags:

2. fauxpas

fauxpas New Member

Did you restore it to ride it? sell it? admire it?

Nice bike...

3. Powerful Pete

Powerful Pete New Member

That is a gorgeous bike. Nothing like steel frames set up with Super Record.

Enjoy it. :cool:

4. NativeTexan

NativeTexan New Member

Two outa three ain't bad! I'm going to ride it AND admire it, gradually more and more of the former and less and less of the latter as I get my legs and butt and hands back after a 12 year lay-off.

At my age and girth, competition is probably out of the question, but there is plenty of fitness riding left in that bike for me.

I could have gotten back into cycling a lot cheaper than restoring that bike, or at least somewhat cheaper, and a lot faster, as it has taken several months to round up all the parts on eBay and get it ready to ride, but this will suit me fine.

5. KellyT

KellyT New Member

Looks immaculate, nice bike, nice work and nothing more gratifying than restoring somthing to it's former glory. I would love a steel frame bike myself, though I doubt I'd stretch to a Merckx ...

6. cycling_jedi

cycling_jedi New Member

Very nice... I am looking for a bike that I can use as a project bike.. When I finally find one I plan on following my progress with a photo journal that I can share here....

Hopefully I can find a nice enough bike real cheap... and hopefully I can find it soon.

Again nice bike... do you have any pics of it before you started?