Prolink Turns Black??

"Ozark Bicycle" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Well, modern cars are less involving, eh? Much more reliable, but
> boring. Makes DIY oil changes seem kinda pointless. (Do you remember
> spending hours changing the oil, setting the points, cleaning and
> gapping the 'plugs, adjusting the carbs, etc? It was all part of an
> involving ritual, one that affects the way you look at a vehicle.)
>
> I know almost nothing about modern motorcycles. Are they still fun from
> an owner/mechanic POV? Or do you own a vintage motorcycle?

Ozark, if you enjoy motorcycles in that way, I have an Enfield 500cc
thumper you might like. It's for sale, but don't contact me on list.

Considerations of others and all that. But I would not be surprised to
find a subset of bicycle fanciers who also enjoy motorized single track
vehicles,

--
Ted Bennett

Ted Bennett wrote:

> I would not be surprised to
> find a subset of bicycle fanciers who also enjoy motorized single track
> vehicles,

Yep.

1972 BMW R75/5 "Toaster Tank." But it gets less miles each year than
my bikes do.

- Frank Krygowski

[email protected] wrote:

>Ted Bennett wrote:
>>
>> I would not be surprised to
>> find a subset of bicycle fanciers who also enjoy motorized single track
>> vehicles,

>1972 BMW R75/5 "Toaster Tank." But it gets less miles each year than
>my bikes do.

1991 BMW K100RS "Flying Brick" (yes, all BMWs have nicknames). Also a
1993 Suzuki DR250S for playing in the dirt. And between both of 'em
they get probably 10% as many miles as my "real bikes".

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $795 ti frame

yeah i do the Mike Jacoubowsky with valvo 50 synth and trans oil 70-140
synth from Epic use
the valvo's stay in grease form on the chain running way below auto
operation temps - stay on the chain not throwing out onto the rim/brake
surface as epic tends doing if one applies too much epic
when the valvo goes to oil from grease form like using a 20 weight in
75 degrees air temp/ 100+ road temp
the valvo then throws off
but becoming oil but runs slicker than a goose ina
the grease forms running in cold temps for their viscosity ranges say
20 weight to 50 degrees, 50W to 85 degrees, then trans oil
all absorb more grit and still function well enough over a 50/100 miler
no chain guard
than epic or i expect pro gold fersure which tend to **** out pretty
early in the run fersure
question becomes - what does one gain from a racing chain lube in a non
racing format?
not much - 1000% more wear and 250' on 20 miles?

news:UOkYf.39772$%[email protected]...
> John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
>> On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 21:14:41 -0400, Steve Sr. <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I recently switched to Prolink and have noticed that whatever this
>>> stuff is it goes on clear but comes off black! Does anybody know what
>>> this black residue is? I find it hard to believe that it is road
>>> gunk.

>> It is road gunk.

> Doesn't that reply belong in RBT?

Sheldon Brown taught me the correct technical term for this is "schmutz".

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
http://www.bicyclemeditations.org/