Promoting recumbent bicycling via your vehicle?

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Ez Biker :-\), Jan 26, 2004.

  1. Just saw a post at the local South Florida (SFRR) Yahoo talk group, by my
    GOOD Friend Jose, with a rather interesting idea on how to further promote
    recumbent cycling. See picture at: http://tinyurl.com/2tfoz
    SO my inquiring question here is, does anyone else (Other than maybe bicycle
    shops via their work vehicle) use their vehicle for such purposes? (Perhaps
    a photo to see?)
    EZ Biker :) Pompano Beach, Fl. (Bacchetta Aero Pilot)
    PS: If this pops up as a second post, I apologize. I wasn't sure my original post made it to the NG.
     
    Tags:


  2. Joe Keenan

    Joe Keenan Guest

    Andrew Douglas <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<260120040810045192%[email protected]>...
    > Not in quite so overt a fashion, but our club does have cool bumper stickers that most of us put
    > on our vehicles:
    >
    > http://www.recumbents.com/mars/media/libphotos_other/artwork/bumperstick. jpg
    >
    > Also, one member had very nifty reflective stickers about 2" across made, that we put on our
    > bikes. The stickers are of the club logo:
    >
    > http://www.recumbents.com/mars/media/libphotos_other/artwork/hatlogo.jpg

    Psssst Andy. The bumper URL must have been bumped off the site. The sticker one works.

    Slow Joe
     
  3. Cletus Lee

    Cletus Lee Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    > > http://www.recumbents.com/mars/media/libphotos_other/artwork/bumperstick. jpg
    > >
    > > Also, one member had very nifty reflective stickers about 2" across made, that we put on our
    > > bikes. The stickers are of the club logo:
    > >
    > > http://www.recumbents.com/mars/media/libphotos_other/artwork/hatlogo.jpg
    >
    > Psssst Andy. The bumper URL must have been bumped off the site. The sticker one works.
    >
    UNWrap it and try again.

    --

    Cletus D. Lee Bacchetta Giro Lightning Voyager http://www.clee.org
    - Bellaire, TX USA -
     
  4. Cletus Lee wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    >
    >>>http://www.recumbents.com/mars/media/libphotos_other/artwork/bumperstick. jpg
    >>>
    >>>Also, one member had very nifty reflective stickers about 2" across made, that we put on our
    >>>bikes. The stickers are of the club logo:
    >>>
    >>>http://www.recumbents.com/mars/media/libphotos_other/artwork/hatlogo.jpg
    >>
    >>Psssst Andy. The bumper URL must have been bumped off the site. The sticker one works.
    >>
    >
    > UNWrap it and try again.

    http://www.recumbents.com/mars/media/libphotos_other/artwork/bumperstick.jpg

    Joao "no line lengh limit" de Souza
     
  5. EZ Biker :) wrote:

    > SO my inquiring question here is, does anyone else (Other than maybe bicycle shops via their work
    > vehicle) use their vehicle for such purposes? (Perhaps a photo to see?)

    Not exactly what you're looking for, but a friend of mine owns a NYC bicycle messenger company, and
    they use some recumbents alongside their regular bikes. They have a few BikeE's, a few EZ-1's, a
    pair of EZ-3's and a Lightfoot cargo trike.

    Anyway, the guy created some bodysocks advertising his business, and he lends them out to his
    friends. So sometimes there will be up to five of us riding around the city on our rolling
    billboards.

    See http://allgoodnamesrtaken.com/10-25-03/

    Notice that both his and his wife's bikes also advertises the NYC Bicycle Show -
    http://www.nycbicycleshow.com/

    Ps: And yes, those *are* our vehicles.
     
  6. No Spam1

    No Spam1 Guest

    Thanks to all the respondents. Having some issues with my NG software.
    EZ Biker :)

    On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 08:55:51 -0500, Joao de Souza <[email protected]> wrote:

    >EZ Biker :) wrote:
    >
    >> SO my inquiring question here is, does anyone else (Other than maybe bicycle shops via their work
    >> vehicle) use their vehicle for such purposes? (Perhaps a photo to see?)
    >
    >Not exactly what you're looking for, but a friend of mine owns a NYC bicycle messenger company, and
    >they use some recumbents alongside their regular bikes. They have a few BikeE's, a few EZ-1's, a
    >pair of EZ-3's and a Lightfoot cargo trike.
    >
    >Anyway, the guy created some bodysocks advertising his business, and he lends them out to his
    >friends. So sometimes there will be up to five of us riding around the city on our rolling
    >billboards.
    >
    >See http://allgoodnamesrtaken.com/10-25-03/
    >
    >Notice that both his and his wife's bikes also advertises the NYC Bicycle Show -
    >http://www.nycbicycleshow.com/
    >
    >Ps: And yes, those *are* our vehicles.
     
  7. Joao Are you still interested in a Rotator kevlar fairing? Speedy

    Joao de Souza wrote:

    > EZ Biker :) wrote:
    >
    > > SO my inquiring question here is, does anyone else (Other than maybe bicycle shops via their
    > > work vehicle) use their vehicle for such purposes? (Perhaps a photo to see?)
    >
    > Not exactly what you're looking for, but a friend of mine owns a NYC bicycle messenger company,
    > and they use some recumbents alongside their regular bikes. They have a few BikeE's, a few EZ-1's,
    > a pair of EZ-3's and a Lightfoot cargo trike.
    >
    > Anyway, the guy created some bodysocks advertising his business, and he lends them out to his
    > friends. So sometimes there will be up to five of us riding around the city on our rolling
    > billboards.
    >
    > See http://allgoodnamesrtaken.com/10-25-03/
    >
    > Notice that both his and his wife's bikes also advertises the NYC Bicycle Show -
    > http://www.nycbicycleshow.com/
    >
    > Ps: And yes, those *are* our vehicles.

    -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1
    Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----
     
  8. S. Delaire "Rotatorrecumbent" wrote:
    >
    > Are you still interested in a Rotator kevlar fairing?

    I'm undecided between that and Freddy's Stiletto carbon fairing. Both are about the same price
    range. The Rotator *seems* more aero, and allows me to use a longer bodysock thus completly covering
    my legs and feet, but is heavier, I would have to replace my handlebars(1) and improvise some kind
    of mounting system. The Stiletto's is lighter, fits my current setup without any modifications, has
    that bubble to help push some wind away from my face, and the green stripe on the front of it is
    exactly the same color as my favorite bodysock.

    Don't you wish all of life's predicaments were like that? Great fairing, or great fairing?
    Hummmm..... ;)

    (1) - My bike's handlebar has a set of aerobars prongs brazed on it that wouldn't fit behind the
    flat section of your fairing - You can see them pretty clearly on this image - http://allgoodnamesrtaken.com/10-25-
    03/Joao1.jpg and this other image shows how they would stick past the fairing - http://allgoodnamesrtaken.com/10-25-
    03/Fairings_compared_2.jpg - and that is why I would have to replace them.

    Cheers
     
Loading...
Loading...