ProMotion wetsuits

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Rookie, Jun 26, 2003.

  1. Rookie

    Rookie Guest

    Am considering buying a wetsuit from ProMotion. They seem pretty good value ($229 as opposed to
    $300-400 for Orca, QR, etc) but are they decent quality? Am doing my first triathlon in September
    but planning to do a few every summer so need something that's not going to fall apart on me. The
    swim is my weakest discipline anyway so I think it is more important to get a suit with good
    flotation than one that is particularly quick. Any advice from people who have tried these suits
    would be much appreciated!
    --
    Direct access to this group with http://web2news.com http://web2news.com/?rec.sport.triathlon

    Tags:

  2. Dingo

    Dingo Guest

    I have ProMotion sleeveless and it has been a great suit. Allows for good feels for the water, easy
    arm rotation, good reach and catch. I've done 1/2 IM distances in it no problem - but in cooler
    races I've been cold in the water. If you are west coast (cold water) you might want to make sure
    that you get a full suit...?? All the best, Dingo

    "rookie" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Am considering buying a wetsuit from ProMotion. They seem pretty good value ($229 as opposed to
    > $300-400 for Orca, QR, etc) but are they decent quality? Am doing my first triathlon in September
    > but planning to do a few every summer so need something that's not going to fall apart on me. The
    > swim is my weakest discipline anyway so I think it is more important to get a suit with good
    > flotation than one that is particularly quick. Any advice from people who have tried these suits
    > would be much appreciated!
    > --
    > Direct access to this group with http://web2news.com http://web2news.com/?rec.sport.triathlon

  3. 1/2fedoc

    1/2fedoc Guest

    I just bought the Promotion long-sleeve top. It is very comfortable. I got it at the last minute
    before Eagleman because the prediction was the water temp of 62F. I wore it under my Ironman Stealth
    Longjohn. I was really happy with the overnight delivery too. The combination worked great.
    Promotion is the only company that I found that sold just a top or "jacket" like wetsuit. It's a
    nice option for those looking to be a bit warmer than a LJ and at less than $100 is a lot cheaper
    than buying a whole full suit!

    Walt

    --