Proper Lube for Chainring bolts... Anyone??

CJ Smith

Sep 11, 2006
I have rad about doing this in Zinn's book and I have been given advice here by other forum users... Well, can someone recommend a trusted lubricant for chainring bolts. All I have on hand (Lubricants) that are bike specific is as follwods: White Lightning, Phil Wood's Tenacious Oil and Phil Wood's Grease (for bearings).

At my place of work we have WD-40 and all kinds of anti-seize, PB Blaster, lube oil, liquid wrench, tap magic, a multitude of greases etc etc

I am, all ears.

Thanks for reading my post,
~CJ~
:)

CJ Smith said:
At my place of work we have WD-40 and all kinds of anti-seize, PB Blaster, lube oil, liquid wrench, tap magic, a multitude of greases etc etc

I am, all ears.

~CJ~

Grease. On every threaded bolt on your bike too.

CJ Smith said:
I have rad about doing this in Zinn's book and I have been given advice here by other forum users... Well, can someone recommend a trusted lubricant for chainring bolts. All I have on hand (Lubricants) that are bike specific is as follwods: White Lightning, Phil Wood's Tenacious Oil and Phil Wood's Grease (for bearings).

I am, all ears.

~CJ~
I prefer Anti-Sieze formulated for the metals involved.

Dip bolts overnight on Castrol Magnatec. Wipe dry the following morning and install. No need to lubricate anymore for the rest of their working life.

I will look into that since I am not familiar with it. I would also like to become familiar with your avatar/icon lady, but I will save that for "Enough-Boobs-4-All" forum :eek:. LOL! Nice job... and the Castrol suggestion was decent too :cool: .

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply to my posting! :)
~CJ~

hd reynolds said:
Dip bolts overnight on Castrol Magnatec. Wipe dry the following morning and install. No need to lubricate anymore for the rest of their working life.

Anti-seize is the lube which is designed for your application. The metal particles won't flow out under fastener tension unlike greases or oils.