Properly Adjusting Front Derailleur

magixpuma

Mar 6, 2006
As the title suggest im fairley new to my road bike that I purchased one month ago, The bike i own is a fuji newest with tiagra components, I brought the bike back because the front derailer wont line up with the sprockets when i try to shift it so the chain just scrapes and hangs. the lbs said just a minor adjustment and its fixed but the problem is reacurring, Can some one please explain to me how to adjust this/ why this is happening. Thanks
Magix Puma

magixpuma said:
As the title suggest im fairley new to my road bike that I purchased one month ago, The bike i own is a fuji newest with tiagra components, I brought the bike back because the front derailer wont line up with the sprockets when i try to shift it so the chain just scrapes and hangs. the lbs said just a minor adjustment and its fixed but the problem is reacurring, Can some one please explain to me how to adjust this/ why this is happening. Thanks
Magix Puma
http://sheldonbrown.com/derailer-adjustment.html

Welcome to the cycling community. If you have any questions on how to fix your bike, chances are you'll find it on Sheldon Brown's website.