Proposal: Close every thread before '09

kennf

Jan 29, 2004
Since all of Flyer's meds have run out (team of doctors have fired him), Lim can you just close every dame thread posted before January of this year?

kennf said:
Since all of Flyer's meds have run out (team of doctors have fired him), Lim can you just close every dame thread posted before January of this year?
Glad to see I'm not the only one. I haven't posted about this here for fear that it would only encourage the ****** to keep going. This probably will as we talk about it.

It makes it very undesirable to come here at all. Too frustrating.

kennf said:
Good idea. I think you could delete every other thread started before 2009 except:
- This forum is dying
- Interviews
(which are already stickies)

As you already stated if some one wants to write in an older thread he/she can PM you and ask for it to be reopened. OR start a new thread about it.

Flyer just keeps bumping old threads up so it would be easiest to just lock all the old ones.

RdBiker said:
Good idea. I think you could delete every other thread started before 2009 except:
- This forum is dying
- Interviews
(which are already stickies)

As you already stated if some one wants to write in an older thread he/she can PM you and ask for it to be reopened. OR start a new thread about it.

Flyer just keeps bumping old threads up so it would be easiest to just lock all the old ones.
ddddss

I agree.

It's very annoying and I think one of the reasons this forum is dying.
Lock everything prior to 09.

or better yet, Where is Steve (admin) and get admin rights for Lim so he can deal with the problem the best way.

Trev_S said:
I agree.

or better yet, Where is Steve (admin) and get admin rights for Lim so he can deal with the problem the best way.
Steve does not give a ****. His inattention has destroyed this place. The only thing left is a few hangers on.

It is unfortunate because this forum was free from the overmoderation and censorship that is found everywhere else.

You guys are kinda dumb. WTF good would closing those threads do? There would still be a bunch of threads for flyer to bump. A better idea is to close all threads except those started by NP.

Trev_S said:
I agree.

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

No_Positives said:
You guys are kinda dumb. WTF good would closing those threads do? There would still be a bunch of threads for flyer to bump. A better idea is to close all threads except those started by NP.
Dumb??
No not really because it least it will keep things that relate to the current year rather than getting flooded by 2003>07 etc.

Flyer has already even added to this thread, so since it is a current topic at least it has zero affect if it gets bumped up.

With the limited control that Lim has as a moderator, do you have any practical solutions to the problem?

Kennf : good suggestion.
As others have said though, Steve has the administration authority to close all pre-2009 threads.

Until Steve closes those pre-2009 threads, I'll be happy to continue to close old threads, as and when our multiple banned ex-member attempts to reactive those old threads.

Where there is a current/active thread, the multiple banned ex-member attempts to post on those threads, are not seen/read/viewed.
Granted it is not an ideal solution.

However, it should be made clear that the multiple banned ex-member's intention is to try to stop all discussion about cycling before and after he was banned from this site.

limerickman said:
Kennf : good suggestion.
As others have said though, Steve has the administration authority to close all pre-2009 threads.

Until Steve closes those pre-2009 threads, I'll be happy to continue to close old threads, as and when our multiple banned ex-member attempts to reactive those old threads.

Where there is a current/active thread, the multiple banned ex-member attempts to post on those threads, are not seen/read/viewed.
Granted it is not an ideal solution.

However, it should be made clear that the multiple banned ex-member's intention is to try to stop all discussion about cycling before and after he was banned from this site.

Does the absentee landlord have any interest in helping you with this, which is obviously wrecking the forum and giving you grief. Does Steve actually have any interest at all in what goes on here?

Gregers said:
Does the absentee landlord have any interest in helping you with this, which is obviously wrecking the forum and giving you grief. Does Steve actually have any interest at all in what goes on here?
gregers, sent you a personal message.

reply mate

Maybe all the threads not directly related to Grand Tours should be moved to the doping forum... as this is pretty much all this place has become now. Let Flyer go on his invisible rants overthere.

swampy1970 said:
Maybe all the threads not directly related to Grand Tours should be moved to the doping forum... as this is pretty much all this place has become now. Let Flyer go on his invisible rants overthere.
wwe

Who's steve?
Why can flyer still post, or kinda?
Who is in charge of this forum?
are steve and flyer one and same person?