Props for famous fat masters

Bill C

Guest
Mike Richter the NY Rangers goalie has gone back to school since the
NHL is out of work. He raced the collegiates at West Point this
weekend.
That's pretty friggin cool.
Bill C

Actually, Richter retired in September 2003 because of a concussion he
received during the previous season, or something like that. I heard
he was attending Yale though.

J. Spaceman

On 17 Apr 2005 14:37:23 -0700, "Bill C" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Mike Richter the NY Rangers goalie has gone back to school since the
>NHL is out of work. He raced the collegiates at West Point this
>weekend.
> That's pretty friggin cool.
>Bill C

He raced my race, the Southington Cyclocross in November. After the race he
hung around, talked with people and signed some autographs. Seemed like a
very nice guy. I even forgave him for calling my house the night before
(after 10pm!) for race info. I didn't realize it was him of course until we
spoke the next day. He's not a fat master though. Short and stocky yes, but
fat, no-way.

Wade

"Jason Spaceman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Actually, Richter retired in September 2003 because of a concussion he
> received during the previous season, or something like that. I heard
> he was attending Yale though.
>

> J. Spaceman
>

> On 17 Apr 2005 14:37:23 -0700, "Bill C" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Mike Richter the NY Rangers goalie has gone back to school since the
>>NHL is out of work. He raced the collegiates at West Point this
>>weekend.
>> That's pretty friggin cool.
>>Bill C

This wasn't his first race either; he was in Grafton for the Beanpot RR
last weekend as well.

He's retired from the NHL and I knew he went back to Yale to get his
degree (he was at Wisconsin for only one year before turning pro way
back when), but I took a double take when seeing him finish the RR last
weekend. Pretty cool in my book.

I wonder how he would react if he goes to Dartmouth next weekend and
see's the chief ref in a Rangers jersey? Something tells me I might
have to find out..............

Alan