Props to Cyclingnews.com!!

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Ronde Champ, Jul 19, 2004.

  1. Ronde Champ

    Ronde Champ Guest

    Jeff,

    Congrats on your mainstream achievement. We here at RBR knew it all
    along. Time for a history of www.cyclingnews.com special report. Does
    anybody agree?

    Keep up the great work. Is there a place we can donate, or is
    clicking on your banner ads enough?

    Thanks,
    Ronde Champ
    King of RBR, Fan of CN.com

    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2004/jul04/jul19news4

    Shamless plug dept.
    Cyclingnews in Men's Journal's top 100

    Cyclingnews.com is featured in the August 2004 issue of the USA
    magazine Men's Journal special survey section called The 100 Best
    Websites for Guys.

    The magazine has assembled what it believes is "a list of everything
    guys want online, from top river-rafting outfitters, non-limit poker
    parties to half-naked girls fishing for large-mouth bass". And sites
    about cycling.

    Other categories of Websites in the MJ list cover outdoors, cars,
    motorcycles, high-tech, tools, movies, online games and "just plain
    insane".

    Tags:

  2. Sierraman

    Sierraman Guest

    Up your Meds? Yes, I wonder what the state of rbr would be like without CN,
    but let's obstain since it's negative. Competition is good, so be thankful
    for half a dozen other sites as well.

    "Ronde Champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Jeff,
    >
    > Congrats on your mainstream achievement. We here at RBR knew it all
    > along. Time for a history of www.cyclingnews.com special report. Does
    > anybody agree?
    >
    > Keep up the great work. Is there a place we can donate, or is
    > clicking on your banner ads enough?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Ronde Champ
    > King of RBR, Fan of CN.com
    >

    > http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2004/jul04/jul19news4
    >

    > Shamless plug dept.
    > Cyclingnews in Men's Journal's top 100
    >
    > Cyclingnews.com is featured in the August 2004 issue of the USA
    > magazine Men's Journal special survey section called The 100 Best
    > Websites for Guys.
    >
    > The magazine has assembled what it believes is "a list of everything
    > guys want online, from top river-rafting outfitters, non-limit poker
    > parties to half-naked girls fishing for large-mouth bass". And sites
    > about cycling.
    >
    > Other categories of Websites in the MJ list cover outdoors, cars,
    > motorcycles, high-tech, tools, movies, online games and "just plain
    > insane".

  3. Jeff Jones

    Jeff Jones Guest

    "Ronde Champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Jeff,
    >
    > Congrats on your mainstream achievement. We here at RBR knew it all
    > along. Time for a history of www.cyclingnews.com special report. Does
    > anybody agree?

    Thanks for the kudos. Here's a condensed summary:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/adpage/about.php. I just realised the site is 9.5
    years old (I started in '99). I also just realised that I've never read
    Men's Health. Oh well, there's still time.

    > Keep up the great work. Is there a place we can donate, or is
    > clicking on your banner ads enough?

    1. No and 2. It helps.

    Jeff (still commuting on beaten up MTB with 3 busted spokes and twisted
    pedal. Not that that's a bad thing)

  4. Diablo Scott

    Diablo Scott Guest

    Jeff Jones wrote:

    > "Ronde Champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >>Jeff,
    >>
    >> Congrats on your mainstream achievement. We here at RBR knew it all
    >>along. Time for a history of www.cyclingnews.com special report. Does
    >>anybody agree?
    >>

    > Thanks for the kudos. Here's a condensed summary:
    > http://www.cyclingnews.com/adpage/about.php. I just realised the site is 9.5
    > years old (I started in '99). I also just realised that I've never read
    > Men's Health. Oh well, there's still time.
    >

    >> Keep up the great work. Is there a place we can donate, or is
    >>clicking on your banner ads enough?

    > 1. No and 2. It helps.
    >
    > Jeff (still commuting on beaten up MTB with 3 busted spokes and twisted
    > pedal. Not that that's a bad thing)

    Jeff - that photo you took from your apartment window the day they
    cancelled Het Volk has been my computer wallpaper ever since. Which one
    of those bikes is yours?

    --
    My bike blog:
    http://diabloscott.blogspot.com/

  5. Jeff Jones

    Jeff Jones Guest

    "Diablo Scott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > Jeff - that photo you took from your apartment window the day they
    > cancelled Het Volk has been my computer wallpaper ever since. Which one
    > of those bikes is yours?

    You mean this one?
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2004/feb04/hetvolk04/index.php?id=cn1

    I think mine's in the bottom left hand corner, right next to the bike with a
    plastic bag over the seat. I can't really tell.

    I've actually had this one as my wallpaper since then:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2004/feb04/hetvolk04/index.php?id=cn368.
    Looks OK on a black background, but I wish I hadn't deleted the big version!

    cheers,
    Jeff (in favour of Tour rest days)

  6. Jeff Jones

    Jeff Jones Guest

    "Diablo Scott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Jeff Jones wrote:
    >

    > No, it was taken from 2 or 3 floors up with a white van in the
    > foreground, the bike parking in the middle with two guys unlocking their
    > bikes to ride to work (that's the part I love), and the stores and
    > apartments across the street.

    Aha -
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=photos/2004/news/feb04/belgiumsnow

    My bike's well out of shot because there's another rack or two of bikes off
    the LHS of that pic.

    People generally seemed undeterred about getting to work by bike, but it was
    the first time I've ever ridden in snow.

    Jeff

  7. Sierraman

    Sierraman Guest

    "Jeff Jones" <[email protected]clingnews-punt-com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "Ronde Champ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Jeff,
    > >
    > > Congrats on your mainstream achievement. We here at RBR knew it all
    > > along. Time for a history of www.cyclingnews.com special report. Does
    > > anybody agree?
    > >

    > Thanks for the kudos. Here's a condensed summary:
    > http://www.cyclingnews.com/adpage/about.php. I just realised the site is

    9.5
    > years old (I started in '99). I also just realised that I've never read
    > Men's Health. Oh well, there's still time.
    >
    > > Keep up the great work. Is there a place we can donate, or is
    > > clicking on your banner ads enough?

    > 1. No and 2. It helps.
    >
    > Jeff (still commuting on beaten up MTB with 3 busted spokes and twisted
    > pedal. Not that that's a bad thing)

    Still living on coffee and bread? Just kidding. I remember you said that
    once. You probably get a bonus in July, so you can throw in some danish
    instead of bread.

  8. Ilan Vardi

    Ilan Vardi Guest

    "Jeff Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

    > years old (I started in '99). I also just realised that I've never read
    > Men's Health.

    I don't think any serious racer is interested in that magazine, because
    a "six pack" stomach is not in the cards for cyclists. I find it
    comforting that pro road racers can have less than 5% body fat without
    the Men's Health cover abs.

    Maybe this explains why Heather does speedskating
    http://www.bont.com/news/featurearticles/abs/abs.htm

    -ilan