pros/cons for off center rims XC

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Scp, Jan 27, 2003.

  1. Scp

    Scp Guest

    I would appreciate your opinion on pros/cons for the off center rims, disc specific, (see American
    Classic Synergy) or OSB (Offset Spoke Bed, the Bontrager wording for the same thing, see Bontrager
    Race Lite), when compared to the symmetrical design. Apparently placing the spokes off center on the
    rim offers equal spoke tension and more strength. Any negative aspects to this design?

    Anyone using the American Classic Synergy?

    Thank you.

    Tags:

  2. John Morgan

    John Morgan Guest

    <snip>
    > Any negative aspects to this design?

    The only negative aspect I can think of OCR's is that they're all hype. I mean, they do everything
    they're said to do, except build into a stronger wheel than a non-OCR.

    -John Morgan
    --
    To reply, please remove NOSPAM from the return address.

  3. Ollie Wigg

    Ollie Wigg Guest

    I know there probably hasn't been any testing to prove it, but surely the fact that OCRs alow for
    slightly more evenn spoke tension they would make the wheel at least a little bit stronger. There
    might be somthing I'm missing, but this seems to make practical sence. Which bit is just hype? Ollie
    news:[email protected]...