Prospect canal cycleway BUG

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John Farrell

Hello!

i am looking to form a bicycle user group to cycle the popular new ever growing prospect canal
cycleway, my idea of this groups purpose is to enjoy cycle rides on various networks joining the
canalway, with planned lunch/picnic stops.

Thr last leg from Gipps rd to Prospect reservoir, is mostly finished & supposed to be open soon!!

Possible canalway cycle treks:

Homebush Bay- Prospect Reservoir Prospect reservoir-Liverpool (via transitway cycleway) Guildford
-Liverpool-Prospect

many other possible cycle routes are easily navigated, in this growing cycle network.

Hoping to hear from interested people looking to explore this cool new cyceway.

john

I'd checkout CAMWest (Cycle Action Movement - Western Sydney) at http://camwest.pps.com.au/ and pool
resources. They are running their annual Bay to mountains ride on September 21 and it will pick up
some of the paths you write about.

cheers

col

On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 22:58:44 +1000, john farrell <[email protected]> wrote:

>
>Hello!
>
>i am looking to form a bicycle user group to cycle the popular new ever growing prospect canal
>cycleway, my idea of this groups purpose is to enjoy cycle rides on various networks joining the
>canalway, with planned lunch/picnic stops.
>
>Thr last leg from Gipps rd to Prospect reservoir, is mostly finished & supposed to be open soon!!
>
>Possible canalway cycle treks:
>
>Homebush Bay- Prospect Reservoir Prospect reservoir-Liverpool (via transitway cycleway) Guildford
>-Liverpool-Prospect
>
>many other possible cycle routes are easily navigated, in this growing cycle network.
>
>Hoping to hear from interested people looking to explore this cool new cyceway.
>
>john

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
> I'd checkout CAMWest (Cycle Action Movement - Western Sydney) at http://camwest.pps.com.au/ and
> pool resources. They are running their annual Bay to mountains ride on September 21 and it will
> pick up some of the paths you write about.
>
> cheers
>
> col
>
>
> On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 22:58:44 +1000, john farrell <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >
> >Hello!
> >
> >i am looking to form a bicycle user group to cycle the popular new ever growing prospect canal
> >cycleway, my idea of this groups purpose is to enjoy cycle rides on various networks joining the
> >canalway, with planned lunch/picnic stops.
> >
> >Thr last leg from Gipps rd to Prospect reservoir, is mostly finished & supposed to be open soon!!
> >
> >Possible canalway cycle treks:
> >
> >Homebush Bay- Prospect Reservoir Prospect reservoir-Liverpool (via transitway cycleway) Guildford
> >-Liverpool-Prospect
> >
> >many other possible cycle routes are easily navigated, in this growing cycle network.
> >
> >Hoping to hear from interested people looking to explore this cool new cyceway.
> >
> >john
>
>
Thanks Col, i'm new around here, and did not know of Camwest... i will check them out.

jf

Hi John,
check this Bug Group startup information from Bicycle Victoria. You'll need PDF Reader to download it:
http://www.bv.com.au/download/ACF27D5.pdf

Or read below for a thread I cut n' pasted off Bicycle NSW:

Media Training Workshop 23rd August 2003
Posted byBNSW on Saturday, July 26 @ 14:17:35 EST
Contributed by BNSW

To Bicycle User Groups & Bicycle Clubs
Do you want to:

create more positive media coverage of cycling
broaden the image of cycling
raise the profile of your organisation
promote your BUG or club’s events
Then you should not miss this free workshop offered by the Cycling Promotion Fund.

Experienced journalist and passionate bicycle rider Sally Dillon will share the tricks of the trade, showing you how easy it is to get free, positive publicity for your BUG or club.

You’ll pick up practical tips for creating news stories, gain a valuable insight into how the media works, and will learn to write a successful media release.
All participants will also receive a take-home training kit.

When:Saturday 23 August 2003
Time:9.30am -1pm
Venue:Theatrette, Bicentennial Park Visitor's Centre, Sydney Olympic Park, Homebush
Access: BY train: Concord West or Sydney Olympic Park Stations – see www.131500.com.au or phone the Transport Info Line 131 500 for train times. BY bike or walking: The theatrette is a 5 minute ride (or 10-15minute walk) from either Concord West or Sydney Olympic Park CityRail Stations
Cost:Free (funded by the Cycling Promotion Fund)
RSVP:by Tuesday 19 August 2003
Phone: 03 9818 5400
email: [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.