Pros's and Con's of Winter Riding

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Paul, Jan 26, 2003.

  1. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Did my occasional commute-by-bike today.

    Pros: Crisp, dry morning Hardly Any traffic Picturesque Thames in Windsor as the sun was coming up
    New Lusso Roubaix Tights very thermal Cons: 700x23 slick tyres and icy Berkshire B roads don't mix!
    Pros: Lusso's don't tear easily when in contact with road Nice lady in car stopped to check I was OK

    Anyone else come off today?

    PaulH

    Tags:

  2. "Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Did my occasional commute-by-bike today.
    >
    > Pros: Crisp, dry morning Hardly Any traffic Picturesque Thames in Windsor as the sun was coming up
    > New Lusso Roubaix Tights very thermal

    It's still shirtsleeves for me on my morning commute. I tried wearing a thin jacket when I saw the
    frosty weather but I was hot & sweaty on arrival at work, so back to shirtsleeves tomorrow morning,
    but I get damned cold on the commute home........strange!

    > Cons: 700x23 slick tyres and icy Berkshire B roads don't mix!

    The continental avenue semi-slicks on my commuting mtb seem to hold the road pretty well in the
    frost (so far!).

  3. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    "Paul" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Did my occasional commute-by-bike today.
    >
    > Pros: Crisp, dry morning Hardly Any traffic Picturesque Thames in Windsor as the sun was coming
    > up New Lusso Roubaix Tights very thermal Cons: 700x23 slick tyres and icy Berkshire B roads don't
    > mix! Pros: Lusso's don't tear easily when in contact with road Nice lady in car stopped to check
    > I was OK
    >
    > Anyone else come off today?

    I've never come off, even on ice. (a skill learned from my motorcycling days- learn or die)
    --
    Simon Mason

  4. Msa

    Msa Guest

    > Bad luck. Hope you didn't get too mashed up.
    >
    > I still haven't noticed any ice on the roads yet.
    >
    > ~PB

    Hey Pete, have you made a full recovery now after your incident a few months ago?

    --
    Mark

    "Just ask yourself: What would Scooby Doo?"