prostate trauma

Discussion in 'Health Nutrition and Supplements' started by DrGus78, Apr 8, 2004.

1. DrGus78

DrGus78 New Member

I'm sure this has probably been discussed before, but (I am new to this board) and I recently starting riding again after not riding in a long time. Ive been building up after a few 15 mile rides and this past Sunday I did 45.

I felt fine afterwards but I noticed on Tuesday nite a drop of blood in my urine. I wasnt sure at first but later I noticed another drop that nite. I called my physician and saw him the next day. He took a specimen and did the rectal prostate check(thank you sir may I have another----NOT). He thinks it is a uti (infection). He says it is possible that the riding caused a traumatic "prostatitis". He is supposed to let me know about the lab results tomorrow or monday.

I've never had this "spotting" problem before, but I do remember being uncomfortable on the saddle for the last 10 miles. Has anybody ever had this before?

The bike is a new bike; a compact frame roadbike with a very comfortable saddle that I have been very happy with.

Thanx

Gus :)

Tags:

2. 76Olym

76Olym New Member

It sounds like your seat needs to be broken in. They also make decent suspension seatposts, which are comfortable for long distance riding. Keeping your riding shorts clean and using a lube also helps.

Just some things to consider since AL and Carbon frames can be a little rough on the body.