Protect your Epic!

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by hippy, May 25, 2004.

  1. hippy

    hippy Guest

    If you are the person that leaves $5k+ worth of Specialized Epic
    "locked" with cable that I could chew through, covered in
    expensive, easily removable components.. well.. just be thankful
    that I am not a thief!!

    Lock your bike PROPERLY!!!

    hippy
    - Location of aforementioned steal-some-real-nice-wheels bike not
    revealed for obvious reasons.. .. you're all crooked bastards!!! ;-)

  2. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch Guest

    hippy wrote:
    > If you are the person that leaves $5k+ worth of Specialized Epic
    > "locked" with cable that I could chew through, covered in
    > expensive, easily removable components.. well.. just be thankful
    > that I am not a thief!!
    > Lock your bike PROPERLY!!!
    > hippy
    > - Location of aforementioned steal-some-real-nice-wheels bike not
    > revealed for obvious reasons.. .. you're all crooked bastards!!! ;-)

    Amazes me how many people ride ridiculously expensive roadies into work
    and then lock em up with at best a token gesture. Willier-record-everything-
    exotica. Must be worth $5-10K, easy least he has the legs to go with
    it:rolleyes:

    --

  3. Ritch

    Ritch Guest

    hippy <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > If you are the person that leaves $5k+ worth of Specialized Epic
    > "locked" with cable that I could chew through, covered in
    > expensive, easily removable components.. well.. just be thankful
    > that I am not a thief!!
    >
    > Lock your bike PROPERLY!!!
    >
    > hippy
    > - Location of aforementioned steal-some-real-nice-wheels bike not
    > revealed for obvious reasons.. .. you're all crooked bastards!!! ;-)

    Lucky for me, our facilities manager is also the building's body
    corporate person. I now have a key to a disused mail room on the
    ground floor - secure, warm and dry (ahh)

    Ritch

    PS. I wonder if the Spec. owner races on an old beater?