Protecting decals on new powder coat

James Fitch

Guest
The paint having suffered over the years, I've decided to have my old 1978
Trek 710 powder coated, before I rebuild it as a dedicated touring bike. I
have acquired original Trek and Reynolds 531 decals, but I was wondering how
to protect them once they're applied. Can clear coat be sprayed on over
powder coat?

-Jim

James Fitch wrote:
> The paint having suffered over the years, I've decided to have my old 1978
> Trek 710 powder coated, before I rebuild it as a dedicated touring bike. I
> have acquired original Trek and Reynolds 531 decals, but I was wondering how
> to protect them once they're applied. Can clear coat be sprayed on over
> powder coat?
>
> -Jim

Yes, there is no problem with covering powder w/ clear coat. The only
issue is the clear coat not being as tough as the base.
Andy