Protecting the head ...

> We all know that this board is anti-helmet

And most know that this isn't a "board"!

marc wrote on 29/12/2006 11:27 +0100:

>> We all know that this board is anti-helmet

> And most know that this isn't a "board"!

And not anti-helmet but anti-compulsion and anti-junk science.

--
Tony

"...has many omissions and contains much that is apocryphal, or at least
wildly inaccurate..."
Douglas Adams; The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Quoting Buck <[email protected]>:
>On 12/28/2006 14:29:05 David Damerell <[email protected]> wrote:
>>Quoting Ian Smith <[email protected]>:
>>>Why? How _do_ you know that the helmet did not worsen the injury?

>>Well, although it has passed well over "Buck"'s head, because John wasn't
>>wearing one; John was responding to the "alcohol can mitigate head
>>injuries" story.

>I was not responding to John,

Yes; I can read attribution lines, thanks.

However, when you wrote "This is such a stupid comment", you went on to
talk about helmets. I am right to say that you completely failed to
realise John wasn't talking about helmets at all, since if that had not
passed over your head that would be the obvious response to LSMike.
Today is Second Brieday, December.

Quoting Buck <[email protected]>:
>On 12/28/2006 13:46:19 Ian Smith <[email protected]> wrote:
>> On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 11:30:21 GMT, Buck <> wrote:
>>>I once stated on here that a motorcycle helmet had once saved my life in
>>>an accident and was shouted down by the naysayers telling me I could not
>>>say that unless I redid the accident without the helmet,

>>Which is, of course, a 100% true statement. You don't like people making
>>true statements?

>You go and prove it wrong

You're the one making the statement; the burden of proof is on you.

>as it is so important to you,

You're the one who's got so worked up as to resort to abuse.

Tony Raven <[email protected]> wrote:

> marc wrote on 29/12/2006 11:27 +0100:
> >

> >> We all know that this board is anti-helmet

> > And most know that this isn't a "board"!

> And not anti-helmet but anti-compulsion and anti-junk science.

i've never been wild about helmets (too hot) but yes the idea that some
foam with incents cut out are going to much rather just compressing in
all but most minor of bumps.

roger