Protein Shakes...

"Michael Warner" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 15:49:42 +1100, Jo wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to put on a little extra bulk and was wondering if protein
> > shakes are any good? TIA

> They're a waste of money. You probably already eat much more
> protein than you can use, and natural sources are far cheaper
> (not to mention more nutritious) sources of it.
>
> --
> bpo gallery at http://www4.tpgi.com.au/users/mvw1/bpo

You could go to extremes like some of the bodybuilders do and set your alarm
for 3am and then get up and eat 4 or so chicken breasts just to keep the
protein levels up. I have known a couple of guys who were heavily into
bodybuilding (including steroids) and the most noticeable thing about them
(apart from them being pretty huge) is that they absolutely stink!!! I
found that they couldn't sit in a room for more than a couple of minutes
without letting a "protein bomb" off from the back door!!! Yet another
argument for taking everything in moderation.

"Follow your dreams. You can meet your goals. I am living proof. Beefcake!
BEEFCAKE!!!"
--Eric Cartman

Ride On,

Gags

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 21:10:38 +1100, Gags wrote:

> You could go to extremes like some of the bodybuilders do and set your alarm
> for 3am and then get up and eat 4 or so chicken breasts just to keep the
> protein levels up.

I thought the constant eating was because of their extremely low body fat,
and that this was mainly carbs, to prevent their bodies from breaking down
muscle as a fuel source (since stored fat isn't available).

> I have known a couple of guys who were heavily into
> bodybuilding (including steroids) and the most noticeable thing about them
> (apart from them being pretty huge) is that they absolutely stink!!! I
> found that they couldn't sit in a room for more than a couple of minutes
> without letting a "protein bomb" off from the back door!!!

I've read a description by a top bb of his daily life, and it sounds pretty
miserable. When not working out, he has to force himself to constantly
eat mountains of expensive bland stuff, he can't fit into decent clothes,
dragging his huge body around tires him out, and he can't sleep for long.
He said that he pretty much rests on the couch, watches TV and eats.

--
bpo gallery at http://www4.tpgi.com.au/users/mvw1/bpo