Protein Shakes

Looks nice!

I also really like to put green stuff into my shakes, or smoothies so some anti-oxidants are there also.

I don't, but a lot of the guys at the gym drink it pre-workout. Apparently it gives them more energy, more mass, more endurance when exercising. I never really got into it, because I hate feeling full while lifting weights, cycling, and running on the treadmill. But it seems to work for them though, they all look buff as hell, and there I am just working on my cardio for a bit. Why not try it for yourself and see? What's the harm in trying?

I drink them, because I am trying to build some muscle at the moment and I know that all of exercise I'm doing isn't going to achieve all that much without the nutrition to go along with it. So I will try to drink at least one shake per day, and I will usually have it after I have exercised (because I don't like drinking a lot of fluid before I exercise). I managed to get a great deal on the shake powder that I bought, and it has lasted me for two months so far, so it isn't even costing me very much!

I used to do protein shakes a few years ago but stopped because they wasn't doing anything for me - I prefer to get my protein from eating lots of fresh, lean meat instead of using supplements to get my protein.

Oh damn this is a useful thread for me

I don't have a recipe or anything cool like that, I just slap some banana powder into my shaker then fill with milk, haven't even tried any other flavours than banana.

I heard about protein shakes like you're talking about, the good ones, I feel like I haven't lived!

I never had a protein shake, but I do know people that have them and their body hasn't stopped growing and I am not talking about the belly area. I am guessing that they work out too. :)
Bro, you should check them out. The protein shakes really work (my opinion).

I drink protein shakes twice a day. I workout at the gym 5 days a week and mostly weight train. I know it seems like I'm the type of female that looks ripped like a guy but I am not. The protein helps me gain weight and I have been lifting weights since high school and still look like a normal, in shaped girl.

My partner works for a company which sells health and fitness products like protein shakes, bars, powders, etc. He brings home whey powders and I always assumed they would have a bad taste, but they're actually delicious. I don't tend to drink them, but I know that when my friends and family say they assume they aren't nice that at least I can recommend trying them first. Whenever he brings home samples from conferences and work events, etc., we always try them and I'm yet to try a flavour that I don't like.

Well, I do drink them occasionally, so not a pro in this question. My favorite flavors would be something with berries, nuts and seeds.I also like some vegetable smoothies. But I'm usually too lazy to prepare something myself and not a fan of buying the made product.

I don't really like store bought protein shakes. I don't think they taste very good. However I make my own. I add things that are high protein like nuts. I add things like berries and chocolate for taste. Raspberries and strawberries make for really good tasting protein shakes.

Protein shakes are completely unnecessary and basically useless in respects to cycling. Strength training or body building? Maybe. But Cycling? No.

Obviously, the nutritional value is there but I don't know. For me, I tried them and I didn't feel like it really made any difference at all. I tried protein shakes and other supplements but it seems to me that you can probably get the same amount of nutrition and possibly more by sticking to a certain diet and eating certain foods. I can see the convenience in it but that's exactly what I think it is - convenience.

I used to do shakes and stuff, but I have become a minimalist and there's just so little room for it in my life anymore. Smoothies are cool, I don't really stock almond milks anymore but I'll throw them in there when they're around. If I were gonna make a protein shake, it would just be juiced greens in blended fruit with some nut milk of some kind in there.

Obviously, the nutritional value is there but I don't know. For me, I tried them and I didn't feel like it really made any difference at all. I tried protein shakes and other supplements but it seems to me that you can probably get the same amount of nutrition and possibly more by sticking to a certain diet and eating certain foods. I can see the convenience in it but that's exactly what I think it is - convenience.
How is that obvious? The only thing that is obvious is the increase of protein and the massive calorie amount.

I agree. Protein shakes are one of the best things you can take for instant energy for cycling. I use energy bars and energy drinks for energy. I have already said that drinks and bars are better than taking any heavy meal for energy. You can ride your bike effectively if your stomach is not heavy. So, I drink the protein shakes as well as protein drinks for energy.

I agree. Protein shakes are one of the best things you can take for instant energy for cycling. I use energy bars and energy drinks for energy. I have already said that drinks and bars are better than taking any heavy meal for energy. You can ride your bike effectively if your stomach is not heavy. So, I drink the protein shakes as well as protein drinks for energy.
More bad advice from you? Did you read much else of the topic? Protein shakes don't have much value for energy in a cardio exercise like cycling. They are unneeded calories and the protein will not turn into energy as easily as carbohydrate. Unless you are riding in some massively extreme conditions for long periods of time a protein shake isn't going to be beneficial, and even then you are better off with other sources of nutrition and fuel for your body. Protein loading is for strength training, not cardio. You know, like weight lifting.

I don't, but a lot of the guys at the gym drink it pre-workout. Apparently it gives them more energy, more mass, more endurance when exercising. I never really got into it, because I hate feeling full while lifting weights, cycling, and running on the treadmill. But it seems to work for them though, they all look buff as hell, and there I am just working on my cardio for a bit. Why not try it for yourself and see? What's the harm in trying?
You should try it. There are many protein shake companies available in the market. Few companies are disreputed but there are many reputed companies also that you can try. I don't drink it regularly but I have tried it many times. I would say that it does not work. It does not provide as much energy as people describe.

Yes I do drink Protein Shakes. I use optimum nutrition whey protein with water and just down it pretty quick. If you drink it quick you wont realize how terrible it tastes.

Yes I do drink Protein Shakes. I use optimum nutrition whey protein with water and just down it pretty quick. If you drink it quick you wont realize how terrible it tastes.
They are useless for cycling. Protein shakes are targeted for body building but their effectiveness even for body building is questionable.