Protein supplement.

BlueJersey

Jan 5, 2005
I may as well ask this since I want to know what others think of it. I have been taking protein supplement in the form of Muscle Milk for more than 6 months now. After a 3 hours SST session at 85% of FT, a glass of Muscle Milk would just bring me back to 80% recovey the next day. I usually take them after the workout and before bed. I no longer suffer extreme soreness like I used to after a heavy workout or a race. It could be psychological or what not but I really feel stronger on the bike and have a higher endurance power. After all, I have been on the SST program for 5 months now. Over 2.5k miles. Total average IF is 78% of FT. 140 hours. And a 40 hours job working at retail. :D I don't seem to be gaining any weight. In fact, I seem to gain some muscle mass on my quads.

There are alot of people that use protein supplemnts to lose weight. Is the muscle milk stright protein or is there other supplements mixed in with it? Creatine, a naturally occouring substance in our bodies is sometimes in some of these products. studies have shown increased endurance and recovery with Creatine supplemntation. You wont gain weight on protein like muscle milk .. check the calories its prob only like 150-250 per serving. If you were were taking weight gainer or mass gainer you would be taking in like 600-800 cals per serving you might have a problem there. Plus those calories from the protein will be used alot more efficently by your muscles so they wont sit around and turn into fat, well when you are working out

Straight up with water. It won't make much of a sense to add milk since one of the + sides with Muscle Milk is the lack of lactose. I am lactose intolerance ONLY during racing (spitting, coughing, and non-stop snot rockets.) :D

djk202020 said:
There are alot of people that use protein supplemnts to lose weight. Is the muscle milk stright protein or is there other supplements mixed in with it? Creatine, a naturally occouring substance in our bodies is sometimes in some of these products. studies have shown increased endurance and recovery with Creatine supplemntation. You wont gain weight on protein like muscle milk .. check the calories its prob only like 150-250 per serving. If you were were taking weight gainer or mass gainer you would be taking in like 600-800 cals per serving you might have a problem there. Plus those calories from the protein will be used alot more efficently by your muscles so they wont sit around and turn into fat, well when you are working out