Protein Supplement

Routier

Aug 28, 2003
Hi,
I'm in search of a good Protein Supplement (powder). What I want is a supplement that increases muscle but does not increase my fat percentage. I now weigh 74kg and I want to go to 70kg but I just want to loose fat and no muscle. So if somebody has some good advice... I would like to stay in the product range of "MAXIMIZE" and "PERFORMANCE". Now I recently purchased "Superior Protein Complex" from performance and "Whey Protein" and "Amino Gainer" from maximize.

Thx

By far, the best whey protein supplement that I've used is Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein.

Besides cycling, I do a lot of weight training. I don't want to lose all my lean muscle mass to the intense cycling I do.

I have found this works great. It has the highest amount of protein and the lowest amount of fat of any protein supplement I've found.

You can check it out here:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html

Its available so many different places. I bought my last 10 lb supply from Amazon.com.

Here's what's in it.

Total Calories 110
Calories From Fat 10
Total Fat 1.5 g 2*%
Saturated Fat 0.5 g 3*%
Cholesterol 10 mg 4*%
Sodium 40 mg 2%
Potassium 220 mg 6%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g 1*%
Sugars 1 g **%
Protein 23 g 46*%

Calcium 150 mg 15*%
L-Leucine 2470 mg
L-Isoleucine 1520 mg
L-Valine 1440 mg
L-Lysine 2120 mg
L-Methionine 440 mg
L-Phenylalanine 670 mg
L-Threonine 1720 mg
L-Tryptophan 240 mg
L-Alanine 1380 mg
L-Arginine 480 mg
L-Aspartic Acid 2490 mg
L-Cystine 440 mg
L-Glycine 530 mg
L-Histidine 400 mg
L-Proline 1540 mg
L-Serine 1240 mg
L-Tyrosine 590 mg
Glutamine 3870 mg

Chicken does it for me. Protien supplements are just that, supplements. If you aren't getting enough protien from natural sources, you use the supplement to reach your desired goal. Chicken breast= 0 fat. Taste good too. :D

skillit said:
By far, the best whey protein supplement that I've used is Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Protein.

Besides cycling, I do a lot of weight training. I don't want to lose all my lean muscle mass to the intense cycling I do.

I have found this works great. It has the highest amount of protein and the lowest amount of fat of any protein supplement I've found.

You can check it out here:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html

Its available so many different places. I bought my last 10 lb supply from Amazon.com.

Here's what's in it.

Total Calories 110
Whoa! This makes at least two of us who are on both cyclingforums.com and bodybuilding.com! I have never used Optimum's protein supplement, instead I use a meal replacement made by Champion Nutrition called Ultramet. I also stock up on MetRx's protein bars when they are buy one get one free at my local grocery store.

Cowboyathlete said:
Whoa! This makes at least two of us who are on both cyclingforums.com and bodybuilding.com! I have never used Optimum's protein supplement, instead I use a meal replacement made by Champion Nutrition called Ultramet. I also stock up on MetRx's protein bars when they are buy one get one free at my local grocery store.

Both are about strength and health yet cycling is about endurance and a lean physique while body building shifts more toward short-term explosive power and bulk. Seems a slightly odd, though not inappropriate mix.

The need for supplimental protein in either pursuit is certainly debatable.