Protest rallies a huge success

Mojo wrote:
> ..... Our commitment is to first and foremost, be the official source for
> unbiased, truthful information.

So if I look past your "humor", and if I look past the parodies (photos
and stories), I will find unbiased, truthful information? Suppose we
start with your name. Wait, perhaps that's a poor example of all of
the "truthful" information found on HRS.

Jim Reilly
Reading, PA

"Sunset Lowracer [TM] Fanatic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> nget who? wrote:
>> And the question is,what recumbent team won its category for the 2005
>> Race across America?...

> Apples and oranges. Put calibrated power measuring cranks/BB on a
> properly setup NoCom and any highracer and see which is faster under
> identical power outputs and conditions. Enough said.
>
> --
> Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

My only observation is what is Mr. Sherman doing up at 4:08 AM? I of course
stay up all night and only sleep every other day, but I know Mr. Sherman is
a working man and he should get his sleep or he will perform civil
engineering errors which may cause the loss of life and other dire
catastrophes. Really now, Mr. Sherman should not post to ARBR before 6.00 AM
at the earliest. And I want him in bed getting his beauty sleep by 11:00 PM.
We do not need civil engineers running around drugged by the lack of sleep.

Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

nget who? wrote:
> 'Sunset Lowracer [TM Wrote:
> > Fanatic']nget who? wrote:
> > > And the question is,what recumbent team won its category for the

> > 2005
> > > Race across America?...

> > Apples and oranges. Put calibrated power measuring cranks/BB on a
> > properly setup NoCom and any highracer and see which is faster under
> > identical power outputs and conditions. Enough said.
> >
> > --
> > Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

> Is this true, a no com with power assist? You'll never get away with
> that at any race I know of.

Read the post again and see <http://www.srm.de/old/powermeter.html> for
an example of a power measuring crank.

--

Edward Dolan wrote:
> My only observation is what is Mr. Sherman doing up at 4:08 AM?...

Drinking cough syrup.

> I of course
> stay up all night and only sleep every other day, but I know Mr. Sherman is
> a working man and he should get his sleep or he will perform civil
> engineering errors which may cause the loss of life and other dire
> catastrophes. Really now, Mr. Sherman should not post to ARBR before 6.00 AM
> at the earliest. And I want him in bed getting his beauty sleep by 11:00 PM.
> We do not need civil engineers running around drugged by the lack of sleep.

Judging by the typical salaries, what civil engineers do is not valued
very highly by society (though the former residents of New Orleans
might have cause to change their minds). Lawyers, political lobbyists,
investment bankers and those in public relations obviously contribute
much more to the well being of society, based on the compensation they
receive.

--

Mojo wrote:
> Tom,
>
> Word is, you were sorely missed at a famous Midwestern Recumbent Party
> this weekend. Event organizers apparantly lost your emai address.
>
> Trust me, your position regarding recent discussions on this forum
> were one of the topics amongst the partygoer's.
>
> Should you have come, perhaps a NoCom would have been farfetched but
> I'll guarantee you plenty of good company, food, and spirits.

Unfortunately, I would have been spreading an influenza virus (no, not
H5N1!) had I attended said event, which would have been a disservice to
the Chicagoland recumbent riding community. :(

--

Sunset Lowracer [TM] Fanatic said:
nget who? wrote:
> 'Sunset Lowracer [TM Wrote:
> > Fanatic']nget who? wrote:
> > > And the question is,what recumbent team won its category for the

> > 2005
> > > Race across America?...

> > Apples and oranges. Put calibrated power measuring cranks/BB on a
> > properly setup NoCom and any highracer and see which is faster under
> > identical power outputs and conditions. Enough said.
> >
> > --
> > Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

> Is this true, a no com with power assist? You'll never get away with
> that at any race I know of.

Read the post again and see <http://www.srm.de/old/powermeter.html> for
an example of a power measuring crank.

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

A no com with power assist, it was a joke, kind of like your apple and oranges response.The Race across America was a real road, real life race,don't need no powermeters to know who wins.

"Sunset Lowracer [TM] Fanatic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Mojo wrote:
>> Tom,
>>
>> Word is, you were sorely missed at a famous Midwestern Recumbent Party
>> this weekend. Event organizers apparantly lost your emai address.
>>
>> Trust me, your position regarding recent discussions on this forum
>> were one of the topics amongst the partygoer's.
>>
>> Should you have come, perhaps a NoCom would have been farfetched but
>> I'll guarantee you plenty of good company, food, and spirits.

> Unfortunately, I would have been spreading an influenza virus (no, not
> H5N1!) had I attended said event, which would have been a disservice to
> the Chicagoland recumbent riding community. :(
>
> --
> Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

I have not had a cold since I was in the Navy some 50 years ago. That is
because I am a hermit and never have any contact with people. I highly
recommend to all of you that you go and do as I have done. Sever all your
relations with your fellow creatures. However, you may have as many cats as
you want as they will never give you anything as long as you don't let them
scratch and bite you. This is easier said than done as not all cats like
their owners.

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Edward Dolan wrote:
> ...However, you may have as many cats as
> you want as they will never give you anything as long as you don't let them
> scratch and bite you. This is easier said than done as not all cats like
> their owners....

Cats do not have owners. I suggest reading "The Silent Miaow" by Cica
(and translated by Paul Gallico) for informational purposes on what
cats really think about people.

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

"Sunset Lowracer [TM] Fanatic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Edward Dolan wrote:
>> ...However, you may have as many cats as
>> you want as they will never give you anything as long as you don't let
>> them
>> scratch and bite you. This is easier said than done as not all cats like
>> their owners....

> Cats do not have owners. I suggest reading "The Silent Miaow" by Cica
> (and translated by Paul Gallico) for informational purposes on what
> cats really think about people.
>
> --
> Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

I think Tom is right about this without me having to go read anything. I
find that I am waiting on my cats hand and foot and they do not even
appreciate what I am doing for them. Furthermore, they are costing me a
fortune in cat food.

I believe one should only have two cats at the most. Anymore than that and
you are asking for nothing but trouble. Anyone on this group want a cat?

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Sunset Lowracer [TM] Fanatic wrote:
> Edward Dolan wrote:
>
>>...However, you may have as many cats as
>>you want as they will never give you anything as long as you don't let them
>>scratch and bite you. This is easier said than done as not all cats like
>>their owners....

> Cats do not have owners. I suggest reading "The Silent Miaow" by Cica
> (and translated by Paul Gallico) for informational purposes on what
> cats really think about people.

Taxidermy, there are plenty of good books on this method of pet care and
if cats could read book covers that'd be all you needed. Of course cats
despite reading books almost as much as they despise owners who think
they actually own their cats. Then I suggest consider how good a cat fur
seat cover can be. There are always solutions. :)

"Sunset Lowracer [TM] Fanatic" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Mark Leuck wrote:
> >
> > Standard [Optima Baron], I find the tiller not noticeable...

> Try riding a bike with linkage steering or minimal tiller for
> comparison purposes.

I have and again I do not find the tiller noticeable

Tom Sherman wrote:
"If this were the case, I should be getting a free Velokraft NoCom as
payment for my services. "

You should be getting a Ti ReBike for your services.

[email protected] wrote:
> Tom Sherman wrote:
> "If this were the case, I should be getting a free Velokraft NoCom as
> payment for my services. "
>
> You should be getting a Ti ReBike for your services.

Now that is funny! :)

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley