ProTour dead. What happens to FLandis?

Bro Deal

Jun 26, 2006
Since Liquigas has signed Bassso, what are the chances that FLandis can find a top team? I expect CAS to confirm his conviction but shift his ban back, making him eligible to race at the end of July.

Heras just won a mountain bike race and says he is in great shape. He has noted that Basso found a team but he cannot. With the damn breaking, maybe he can find a team.

Bro Deal said:
Since Liquigas has signed Bassso, what are the chances that FLandis can find a top team? I expect CAS to confirm his conviction but shift his ban back, making him eligible to race at the end of July.

Heras just won a mountain bike race and says he is in great shape. He has noted that Basso found a team but he cannot. With the damn breaking, maybe he can find a team.
I don't think that any pro tour team would want him given his age, and his hip but I wouldn't be surprised to see a US team sign him with of course Rock Racing at the top of the list.

earth_dweller said:
I don't think that any pro tour team would want him given his age, and his hip but I wouldn't be surprised to see a US team sign him with of course Rock Racing at the top of the list.
FLandis is what, 32? He could race at the top for two more years.

The big issue is that the ASO may take it out on the team, not just preventing Landis from riding the Tour but not inviting the entire team. He would need to find a Spanish or Italian team that has its own country's tour as its main priority.

FLandis showed up at the Whiskey 50 Proof MTB race last Saturday and took third. I take this as a sign that he has decided to get serious after getting his ass kicked (26th place) at the Cohutta 100. Expect to see him podium at the next NUE 100.

what's the point ? There are guys much better who can speak & dress there own age. I mean who wears a baseball cap backwards these days ? Apart from guys hiding children in their cellars.

Basso is a snappy dresser, talks the talk, chics love him & the guys want to be him.... and now he has a tortured soul he's a sponsors dream ticket.... He is everything Landis is not.

What young Italian boy would want to have ginger hair & be a Jesus freak ?

Move on, nothing to see here.

whiteboytrash said:
what's the point ? There are guys much better who can speak & dress there own age. I mean who wears a baseball cap backwards these days ? Apart from guys hiding children in their cellars.
Sorry, we here in the states don't wear top hats, use walking sticks, and speak the Queen's English like you gentlemen in England. We tend to think of you as pansies. :p

Bro Deal said:

It is really dumb and annoying, nevermind totally dishonest, the way you go to my blog Cycling Fans Anonymous, read my commentary, then come here and post it as if you thought it up yourself, which you didn't. You stole this entire post directly from my blog update that was posted last night. I would really appreciate it if you would stop doing this.

CFA

vanguard said:
It is really dumb and annoying, nevermind totally dishonest, the way you go to my blog Cycling Fans Anonymous, read my commentary, then come here and post it as if you thought it up yourself, which you didn't. You stole this entire post directly from my blog update that was posted last night. I would really appreciate it if you would stop doing this.

CFA
You have a great blog CFA. I would not have known about it if it wasn't for Bro Deal. I can't vouch for the number of times he has pulled stuff from your site and not given you credit, but his normal MO from my experience is to cite you and any other site, and where possible, link directly to the site/article. He is not a plagiarising/self aggrandizing type of personality. I suspect many other members and lurkers of this forum have been turned on to your great site as well as a result of these links. I have also used articles from yourself to start threads (as well as Bikeradar articles sourced through your site in which I cite CFA as well), and linked to them. I am hoping this is positive for your website. We all don't have (at least to my knowledge, apart from one or two members) competing cycling blog sites.

Keep up the good work CFA. I hope that our references can increase traffic to your blog.

vanguard said:

CFA
come on CFA, if every one of your posts completely original? No element of pastiche?

Your blog is your blog, but this allows some dialogue. Blogs are pretty difficult to conduct an ongoing dialogue.

Luv your work, but think you are being precious on this. A simple request to reference some points, I don't think anyone owns the copyright to a narrative about "Protour agreement, is Landis back in bidness". That is a free narrative.

This allows us to have a dialogue.

One of my articles was pinched off Dailypeloton, the mainsite, and put on Velonews. Did I ask for the journalists award compensation per letter? No. They switched the language around obviously, I was just a little bemused.

Crankyfeet said:
You have a great blog CFA. I would not have known about it if it wasn't for Bro Deal. I can't vouch for the number of times he has pulled stuff from your site and not given you credit, but his normal MO from my experience is to cite you and any other site, and where possible, link directly to the site/article. He is not a plagiarising/self aggrandizing type of personality. I suspect many other members and lurkers of this forum have been turned on to your great site as well as a result of these links. I have also used articles from yourself to start threads (as well as Bikeradar articles sourced through your site in which I cite CFA as well), and linked to them. I am hoping this is positive for your website. We all don't have (at least to my knowledge, apart from one or two members) competing cycling blog sites.

Keep up the good work CFA. I hope that our references can increase traffic to your blog.
As Cranky says,

the analogy is music piracy, who knows if money is not getting thru to recording artists via their endorsements and concert ticket revenue, because downloads promote your site.

Brodeal is an active promoter of your site. If you want to talk missed hits or counters, chances are he is a net positive which his references. cheers,

thunder said:
One of my articles was pinched off Dailypeloton, the mainsite, and put on Velonews.... They switched the language around obviously....
You mean they edited all the grammar and syntax errors, or just translated it from Australian to English?... :p

Crankyfeet said:
You mean they edited all the grammar and syntax errors, or just translated it from Australian to English?... :p
yeah that too <insert C'dale Girl's fave emoticon>

I used to not like the Phonak outfit much... but this TT skinsuit wasn't perhaps as bad as the normal road kit. On second thoughts... it's just as bad.

Interestingly... it looks like he has a hard section to the rear of his chamois and part of his suit that allows him to get further forward on the seat and cheat the "saddle minimum setback from the BB" rule. Or it could be that he is just slid forward and the bib has stuck to the seat. Maybe the more experienced cyclists here know what is going on.

thunder said:
yeah that too <insert C'dale Girl's fave emoticon>
Here, let me help you with that since your mouse is apparently broken. :rolleyes:

I'll also help translate my various meanings when I use the rather universal emoticon for showing that I'm annoyed, not impressed, or bored:

:rolleyes: - How lame.

:rolleyes: - Same **** different day.

:rolleyes: - Good God, come up with something more original for a change.

:rolleyes: - sigh . . . this is boring.

:rolleyes: - As if.

:rolleyes: - Yeah, okay. I'll get right on that. <insert thunder's favorite word, "facetious.">

;) :p :D

(j/k everyone ;) ).

thunder said:
and you were such a supporter and even bought tix
Did your plan work for getting me sucked into a FLandis thread? I know you tried REALLY hard. :rolleyes: (that's for "stupid me, falling for his **** YET AGAIN":p ).

I never said I didn't support him and I don't think that's the question posed. The question is, what happens to him. Now, if you'd like to take a trip down memory lane, just see all of Cranky's posts on this issue. He's pretty well stated my thoughts/position. And, he's part Aussie so you might understand it better coming from him. ;) :p

C'dale Girl said:
Did your plan work for getting me sucked into a FLandis thread? I know you tried REALLY hard. :rolleyes: (that's for "stupid me, falling for his **** YET AGAIN":p ).

I never said I didn't support him and I don't think that's the question posed. The question is, what happens to him. Now, if you'd like to take a trip down memory lane, just see all of Cranky's posts on this issue. He's pretty well stated my thoughts/position. And, he's part Aussie so you might understand it better coming from him. ;) :p
part aussie, part ****** :D

thunder said:
part aussie, part ****** :D
Only from the right elbow down though... :rolleyes:

You two make me feel less guilty about my occasional habit of hijacking threads with FID type banter. Perhaps Lim needs to make a separate thread for just you two guys like the "Itchy and Scratchy" thread and stick it, so you have your own room to play in... :D