Protruding FIbula after riding with coinciding hamstring/calf issues

camo1902

Dec 2, 2012
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has had similar problems.

Recently after a long ride, I discovered that the top of my fibula was protruding considerably. It caused some discomfort but nothing that I'd label as being seriously painful. After a couple of days it was still protruding but the pain had dulled and was barely noticeable. So I went for another ride and it happened again, but this time it was accompanied by a sore hamstring and calf within the vicinity of the area. Very frustrating problem. I have been resting and managing it for a couple of weeks. Last week I tried to get back into the swing of things, but it is seriously affecting all of my rides, runs and the weight training I do. It's caused a huge loss in power and every time I try and step up intensity I get pain in the area as well as the top of the calf and lower hamstring.

I am going to see a physio this week about the issue.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar? Any ideas on what I might be facing, and what the physio is likely to say? I am freaking out a little as I have a couple of races coming up that I am desperate to do. So frustrating!!!

Have attached a pic, but it's not a great one.

Hi you need a good bike fit & your technique looked at from the picture it looks a hamstring issue!

You need to see a doctor and not a physio. Physios can't diagnose. Bike fitters can't diagnose. You can get the definitive answer just by seeing a doctor.

Yes I'm a bike fitter that goes out with a surgeon and have been doing fittings for over 20 years! Go see a doctor then a good bike fitter that understands technique and postal imbalances.