Proud Dad

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by De Valois, Feb 18, 2004.

  1. De Valois

    De Valois Guest

    My daughter made the State championships in my old event, 100yd backstroke, and is working on
    qualifying in two other events, 100 and 200 free.

    Damn proud of my kid. Just thought I'd share.

    Tao te Carl "It takes a village to have an idiot." - Carl (c) 2003

    (Kudos to Cap'n Jim Wyatt for this link) BEFORE you ask a dumb-ass question
    here...http://www.speakeasy.org/~neilco/bart.gif

    Tags:

  2. Donald Graft

    Donald Graft Guest

    "de Valois" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > My daughter made the State championships in my old event, 100yd backstroke, and is working on
    > qualifying in two other events, 100 and 200 free.
    >
    > Damn proud of my kid. Just thought I'd share.

    Congratulations! Can you share her time with us?

    Don

  3. Hugo Zhang

    Hugo Zhang Guest

    de Valois <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > My daughter made the State championships in my old event, 100yd backstroke, and is working on
    > qualifying in two other events, 100 and 200 free.
    >
    > Damn proud of my kid. Just thought I'd share.
    >
    > Tao te Carl "It takes a village to have an idiot." - Carl (c) 2003
    >
    > (Kudos to Cap'n Jim Wyatt for this link) BEFORE you ask a dumb-ass question
    > here...http://www.speakeasy.org/~neilco/bart.gif

    My son 11 years old son swam the 1650 free for 20:45 and 200 fly for
    2:41 three weeks ago. I am a damn pround dad too. He is going to beat me within a year.

  4. Andres Muro

    Andres Muro Guest

    "Donald Graft" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]_s53>...
    > "de Valois" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > My daughter made the State championships in my old event, 100yd backstroke, and is working on
    > > qualifying in two other events, 100 and 200 free.
    > >
    > > Damn proud of my kid. Just thought I'd share.
    >
    > Congratulations! Can you share her time with us?

    Cogratulations too. Also, if you could share her time with us, that would be great. I need someone
    to come by and see me swimming back, to give me some tips. Do you think that she may be willing to
    share some of her time to do this?

    :)

  5. De Valois

    De Valois Guest

    Donald Graft left this mess on Thu, 19 Feb 2004 03:15:00 GMT for The Way to
    clean up:

    >"de Valois" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >>My daughter made the State championships in my old event, 100yd backstroke, and is working on
    >>qualifying in two other events, 100 and 200 free.
    >>
    >> Damn proud of my kid. Just thought I'd share.
    >
    >Congratulations! Can you share her time with us?

    She swam it in 1:05.91, something along those lines. It was a handtimed score, and my watch recorded
    it slightly different than the coaches. The qualifying time was a hair over 1:08.

    Tao te Carl "It takes a village to have an idiot." - Carl (c) 2003

    (Kudos to Cap'n Jim Wyatt for this link) BEFORE you ask a dumb-ass question
    here...http://www.speakeasy.org/~neilco/bart.gif

  6. De Valois

    De Valois Guest

    andres muro left this mess on 19 Feb 2004 06:00:14 -0800 for The Way to clean
    up:

    >"Donald Graft" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]_s53>...
    >>"de Valois" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    >>> My daughter made the State championships in my old event, 100yd backstroke,
    >>and
    >> > is working on qualifying in two other events, 100 and 200 free.
    >> >
    >> > Damn proud of my kid. Just thought I'd share.
    >>
    >> Congratulations! Can you share her time with us?
    >
    >Cogratulations too. Also, if you could share her time with us, that would be great. I need someone
    >to come by and see me swimming back, to give me some tips. Do you think that she may be willing to
    >share some of her time to do this?

    Well, after all *I* did coach her....pay the airfare? :)

    Tao te Carl "It takes a village to have an idiot." - Carl (c) 2003

    (Kudos to Cap'n Jim Wyatt for this link) BEFORE you ask a dumb-ass question
    here...http://www.speakeasy.org/~neilco/bart.gif

  7. "de Valois" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Donald Graft left this mess on Thu, 19 Feb 2004 03:15:00 GMT for The Way
    > clean up:
    > >
    > >"de Valois" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >>My daughter made the State championships in my old event, 100yd
    backstroke, and
    > >> is working on qualifying in two other events, 100 and 200 free.
    > >>
    > >> Damn proud of my kid. Just thought I'd share.
    > >
    > >Congratulations! Can you share her time with us?
    > >

    > She swam it in 1:05.91, something along those lines. It was a handtimed
    score,
    > and my watch recorded it slightly different than the coaches. The
    qualifying
    > time was a hair over 1:08.

    All right, my girl only has 24 seconds to go! Since she just turned 8, I have faith...We'll just
    deal with the local Y and USA championships this month...