Proud Mama of a Japanese speed demon!

ejglows

Apr 3, 2004
My first non-second hand bike!
Anchor RA-5 (Bridgestone)
Alu frame, carbon fork, Kyserium EQ, Shimano 105, Sella Italia saddle, SPD`s and matching Nike carbon shoes...beautiful. I will send a picture in front of Fuji-san in a few months, after the rainy season ends, as the view is less than optimal. This view I will never tire of...fire engine red and black, she just looks dangerous, AND IS. I can`t wait to race her...
Not bad for a poor EngRish Teacher...

Ride like the wind...
e

Hey, pretty sharp there, ejglows. She does look mean. Have fun with that thing!

Hey, ejglows, Looks fast. Where do you race? I'm up in Hokkaido riding the Hokkaido Cycling Federation series of races (Cat 1), but I sometimes get down to Honshu for jitsugyoudan (trade team) races, also. (got my butt kicked last time, though ;-)

Originally posted by BikingBrian
Hey, ejglows, Looks fast. Where do you race? I'm up in Hokkaido riding the Hokkaido Cycling Federation series of races (Cat 1), but I sometimes get down to Honshu for jitsugyoudan (trade team) races, also. (got my butt kicked last time, though ;-)

Come on down to Shizouka! I have only raced once there, and got my ass handed to me, but it is BEAUTIFUL and definately worth it. I am jelous...Hokkaido? Must be STUNNING. I am at a disadvantage here because I cannot read Kanji and have to ask around everywhere for races/training/rides etc....

I am in search of an English speaking coach...if you know of one...

Where have you ridden in Honshu?
e

would have been nice to know there where people here that lived in japan. I just came back from a 10 day stay which started in Osaka to Kyoto then to Tokyo. I should have asked the forum for info on the area. I was able to find Galaxy bike shop and was very impressed. I went with my girlfriend who is japanese but like me we didn't speak the language. We had a lot of fun hope to go back one day and take our bikes as we found out its the way to travel.