Pruno - And may God have mercy on your soul.

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Yeff, Feb 26, 2004.

  1. Yeff

    Yeff Guest

    Tags:

  2. We made pruno in college. It was pretty weird tasting - fizzy and thick and tasted like cranberry
    juice with a lemon twist. Great way to clean out the old colon lemme tell you. I'd suspect pruno
    could reduce prison violence but they'd need to build a lot of bathrooms.

    Paul

    "Yeff" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > <http://www.blacktable.com/gillin030901.htm>
    >
    > -Jeff B. yeff at erols dot com

  3. Steve Wertz

    Steve Wertz Guest

  4. Yeff

    Yeff Guest

  5. Dan Abel

    Dan Abel Guest

  6. Steve Wertz

    Steve Wertz Guest

    On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 16:14:34 -0800, [email protected] (Dan Abel)
    wrote:

    >In article <[email protected]>, Steve Wertz <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 10:04:05 -0500, Yeff <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> ><http://www.blacktable.com/gillin030901.htm>
    >>
    >> There are a lot of inaccuracies in this article. Prune is made with *bread* and fruit [juice],
    >> for starters.
    >

    >I beg to differ. Pruno is made from *anything* that contains fermentable sugar.

    Not the prison version.

    -sw

  7. John Gaughan

    John Gaughan Guest

    Steve Wertz wrote:
    >> I beg to differ. Pruno is made from *anything* that contains fermentable sugar.
    >
    > Not the prison version.

    I imagine pruno is like hunch punch or any other "potpourri" drink -- you take what you can find,
    mix it all together, and pray to sleep through the hangover.

    --
    John Gaughan http://www.johngaughan.net/ [email protected]

  8. Steve Wertz

    Steve Wertz Guest

    On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 21:22:15 -0600, John Gaughan
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Steve Wertz wrote:
    >>> I beg to differ. Pruno is made from *anything* that contains fermentable sugar.
    >>
    >> Not the prison version.
    >
    >I imagine pruno is like hunch punch or any other "potpourri" drink -- you take what you can find,
    >mix it all together, and pray to sleep through the hangover.

    Bacteria is what you have to worry about, not hangovers.

    It's really not that strong - not nearly as strong as the original article makes it out to be.
    It's physically impossible to get a high (or even moderate) alcohol content using these
    primitive methods.

    -sw